Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hay Day!

Typifies the expression "making hay while the sun shines". Love the design in the field at the end that could only be seen from up above. Thanks for sharing Robin!

Yep, thats one of my favorite parts of the upper view, the patterns created are very cool. The fields did not get cut last year, the guy that usually did it moved away and told nobody he wasn't coming back! Young fellas now, they even want to put cows on the fields, that will be some fun shooting! (with the drone, not guns! lol)

Nice job flying!
Thanks. I stayed away from rotational moves for a very long time because of the blur or pixelation on the video. With the 4k60 100bits/sec rate that's pretty much gone, and it all looks pretty congruous. So more swooping and rotating to follow. I was actually going to try out the spotlight mode, but was having too much fun just getting it manually. There are not that many edits, all in all I shot 40 minutes that day, but you cant expect anyone to watch that much... subscriber mutiny would follow! lol

Reactions: twickers14
Hay ho! Lots of plays on the word “HAY”. Very nice work and the MA2 does a fab job in your hands. Love the subject matter and I couldn’t work out how the cutter was off-set to the tractor but it all became clear. Even 35 years ago I remember a friend who ran a haulage company showing me his new steerable low loader with 16 wheels at the back going round a roundabout (what do you call them over there?). I had to look up AG technology and found it meant agricultural (doh) tech. I have quite an eclectic taste in music and a bit of country banjo/guitar picking gave me a nice start to the day here. Great editing and the 10 mins passed in a flash!

Hay ho! Lots of plays on the word “HAY”. Very nice work and the MA2 does a fab job in your hands. Love the subject matter and I couldn’t work out how the cutter was off-set to the tractor but it all became clear. Even 35 years ago I remember a friend who ran a haulage company showing me his new steerable low loader with 16 wheels at the back going round a roundabout (what do you call them over there?). I had to look up AG technology and found it meant agricultural (doh) tech. I have quite an eclectic taste in music and a bit of country banjo/guitar picking gave me a nice start to the day here. Great editing and the 10 mins passed in a flash!
Thanks for the kind words. We call them roundabouts also, some folks call them traffic circles, personally I call them the Spawn of Satan... I really dislike them. The offset is so you don't drive over the row you previously cut. Pretty amazing device that cutter.. its the first one I've seen that could articulate on demand like that. Even the tractors were air conditioned, that's a new thing around here, farmers getting more upscale.. or deeper in debt... or both!

That flight forced me to fly in three dimensions dynamically, which I usually don't do, it was a lot of fun and I actually have to stay I am proud of not messing up more, or ramming the trees at the edge of the field!

Cheers

Thanks for the kind words. We call them roundabouts also, some folks call them traffic circles, personally I call them the Spawn of Satan... I really dislike them. The offset is so you don't drive over the row you previously cut. Pretty amazing device that cutter.. its the first one I've seen that could articulate on demand like that. Even the tractors were air conditioned, that's a new thing around here, farmers getting more upscale.. or deeper in debt... or both!

That flight forced me to fly in three dimensions dynamically, which I usually don't do, it was a lot of fun and I actually have to stay I am proud of not messing up more, or ramming the trees at the edge of the field!

Cheers
The three dimensional movement is really interesting and I think the wonderful VicvideoipIC did a piece on it a couple of days ago. That cutter can do anything by the look of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex