Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hello from Florida. New owner

Kgm1313

Join
Jun 9, 2020
Loc
Florida
Need some info just had one of these land in my lap. But it doesn't have any cords with it. Are there aftermarket one's that can be used instead of ordering them online? Thank you for your time.

Reactions: Spark 317
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Kgm1313.

I assume you're referring to the OTG cable?

I haven't found any in the local shops when I was searching for them so I got them from Amazon.

The stores in your area may have the cable available.

The Spark was sold as a WiFi drone and will work without the cable, but the experience is better with one if you fly in heavy WiFi areas.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Kgm1313.

I assume you're referring to the OTG cable?

I haven't found any in the local shops when I was searching for them so I got them from Amazon.

The stores in your area may have the cable available.

The Spark was sold as a WiFi drone and will work without the cable, but the experience is better with one if you fly in heavy WiFi areas.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:
Welcome to the forum. Amazon is your best bet for OTG cables. Some phones may say it is not compatible, Mine does. Yet it works fine for well over a hundred flights.

Welcome! Great drone to get into the experience with, especially if its at a minimal cost.

Need some info just had one of these land in my lap. But it doesn't have any cords with it. Are there aftermarket one's that can be used instead of ordering them online?

Depends on what cord you are looking for. Technically the only cord you need is a USB-A to Micro USB (basically any old android phone charger cord. You can even charge the drone and remote controller with a standard 1 amp USB charger that you would use for a phone, but it would take a long time for the drone. The original charger uses the Quick Charge protocol to charge the drone faster.

A remote control is not needed for the Spark, but it makes it more of a joy to fly. If you have a remote control you can connect to your phone or tablet with wifi from the remote, but a cable is more reliable. This cable is harder to find locally. It uses an OTG cable with the other end to fit your phone or an OTG adapter which goes from the micro USB to a full size USB that you can use any standard cable for your phone.

Reactions: Kgm1313

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leahandran