Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hello from Poughkeepsie, NY

Join
Dec 29, 2018
Just wanted to say hello to all. I look forward to the fun, excitement and assistance this community will give me.

Little background on me; I'm 57 yo, male, 2 grown kids. I'm New to Drones, not to action photography tho, been a firefighter for 40 years, done some photo shooting at incident scenes. I'm also an avid railroad buff since my early days of my youth, so maybe try some rail fan shoots and who knows what else I might get into, I love to travel, love different scenery.

I am waiting to arrival of my DJI Spark Fly More package as I write this thread. I hope I chose the right color, I went with the Alpine White. I figure I can always put a skin on it if I don't like the all White, maybe couple of reflective stripes to personalize it.

Anyone got any pointers, accessories I should look I to, pros/cons to alert me too, I'm open to listen. I'm here to listen, learn and when I might have something exciting to offer, provide it for your pleasure or reviews.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello again from the Hoosier Heartland, Billmarshall4163.

Did you get registered with the FAA and purchase the tile you thought about?

Welcome again to the Forum. :cool:

Just wanted to say hello to all. I look forward to the fun, excitement and assistance this community will give me.

Little background on me; I'm 57 yo, male, 2 grown kids. I'm New to Drones, not to action photography tho, been a firefighter for 40 years, done some photo shooting at incident scenes. I'm also an avid railroad buff since my early days of my youth, so maybe try some rail fan shoots and who knows what else I might get into, I love to travel, love different scenery.

I am waiting to arrival of my DJI Spark Fly More package as I write this thread. I hope I chose the right color, I went with the Alpine White. I figure I can always put a skin on it if I don't like the all White, maybe couple of reflective stripes to personalize it.

Anyone got any pointers, accessories I should look I to, pros/cons to alert me too, I'm open to listen. I'm here to listen, learn and when I might have something exciting to offer, provide it for your pleasure or reviews.

I am 55 with two kids and spend summers on a farm nearby in Clinton Corners!

Joining this Forum was a great first step! Welcome

There are hours of good Spark information on YouTube. The DJI website has plenty of videos too if you can tolerate the cheesey "acting".

Reading the manuals is a must. First flight best in the largest field you can find in Beginner Mode.

Download AirMap, UAV Forecast and Google Earth apps to your phone to research your flights.

Sounds like a lot but learning by "trial and error" has been proven detrimental to the wallet :D

Hello and welcome. You are at the right place
to learn and get the most and positive experience
with your new acquisition.
Like you, having an Alpine white and dealing with
the "white stuff" in winter, better skin the Spark to
difference it from a snow ball. ;)

I am 55 with two kids and spend summers on a farm nearby in Clinton Corners!

Joining this Forum was a great first step! Welcome

There are hours of good Spark information on YouTube. The DJI website has plenty of videos too if you can tolerate the cheesey "acting".

Reading the manuals is a must. First flight best in the largest field you can find in Beginner Mode.

Download AirMap, UAV Forecast and Google Earth apps to your phone to research your flights.

Sounds like a lot but learning by "trial and error" has been proven detrimental to the wallet :D

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will look into some of them, already have the UAV Forecast & Google maps on the phone, didn't know to look at the other.

Nice area in Clinton Corners, not far from there here where I am. Look each other sometimes maybe. definately will look up the beginners mode for first couple flights.

Bill

Welcome to the forum from SW Minnesota

As far as accessories you'll want to get a gimbal/sensor protector. I bought this one because it not only protects the front sensor and gimbal it also protects the bottom sensors. There are cheaper ones but they fall off and do not protect the bottom sensors.

https://www.amazon.com/PGYTECH-Gimb...9&sr=8-15&keywords=dji+spark+sensor+protector

here is a picture of my spark with it on.

QnPnAOn.jpg

qJ0c4zc.jpg

lM7TquF.jpg

Jeff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit