Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hello from Temecula California

medicmikep

Join
Jan 27, 2018
New spark owner here. Been reading a lot on the spark forums and learning a lot. Been flying about a month now but just taking it slow and making sure I’m being safe.

Reactions: KitepilotSD
Hello from the Mid-West.

I'm sure your weather is warmer than ours.
Have fun flying.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

New spark owner here. Been reading a lot on the spark forums and learning a lot. Been flying about a month now but just taking it slow and making sure I’m being safe.
I’m new to the spark myself. I see this is a couple years ago since you posted this message. I’m In Menifee, just north of you. are you still flying? I have purchased extra batteries, controller, charging station, case.... and I’m trying to learn how to make it all work. Looking for someone, a club, a group, an individual,......some help! Do you have any advise for me. I simply wish to fly my kites, and then take photos of them, flying at about 500 hundred feet above the parks that I fly in the area.

Reactions: Spark 317
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland KitepilotSD.

Have you registered the Spark with the FAA?

It's five bucks and will get you compliant with numbers to display on your aircraft.

Looking for someone, a club, a group, an individual,......some help!

I'm far from California but the members on the Forum may be able to help if we can?

I simply wish to fly my kites, and then take photos of them, flying at about 500 hundred feet

You're only able to fly 400 feet AGL so an overhead shot of 500' is a no-no.

But a little secret about the Spark is that if you put it in TRIPOD mode, you can tilt the camera up a bit past the horizon and get a shot from underneath. ?

the parks that I fly in the area.

Be sure to check your local ordinances concerning drone flights from the parks.

The FAA controls the AIR space, but the parks may not allow the launch / landing from the property.

Some apps worth getting that are free from the stores that will help with future flights.

AIRMAP
KITTYHAWK
UAV FORECAST
WINDY.COM

Good luck with your flights and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

WELCOME ABOARD!

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members