Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hello from the GTA.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Pmeredith.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome. I assume by “GTA” you mean Greater Toronto Area. FYI, 99% of members won’t know that :)

I’m from Whitby. Welcome, again. You’ll like your Spark.

Welcome .... I work in the GTA and go home on the weekends to northern Ontario. I highly recommend you invest in Drone Pilot Canada (the app) then you can safely choose where to fly in the GTA... almost all of Toronto is no fly with a basic certification.

Last edited:
Reactions: RotorWash
Thank you to everyone for the welcome. Also thanks for the reminder. GTA is the Greater Toronto Area. im actually just North of Toronto in Uxbridge. However. Love the drone and looking forward to some great photos. Thanks

Drone site selection tool | National Research Council Canada is the official tool for identifying airspace in Canada.

Well with all due respect, did you read the government disclaimer there? And I quote "

The Drone site selection tool relies on data collected from external sources detailed in the Acknowledgements. The Government of Canada is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information supplied by external sources. This data is provided "as is," without guarantee or warranty of any kind, whether expressed or implied. Data provided by external sources is not subject to official languages, privacy and accessibility requirements.

The Government of Canada, its officers, servants, employees or agents shall not be held liable for damages of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, claims, injury, expenses or other costs, or losses of revenue or profit, or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages attributable to or arising from the use of this data or any interruption in [the functioning of] the Drone site selection tool."

So, there is in fact no reliable 100% authority so far that appears to be unilaterlly acceptable. The drone pilot app gives way more information and may actually use that database as one ot its sources. Up to you what you any of you use of course.

Welcome aboard! You can also use UAV Forecast and AirMap, both free, for legal places to fly and weather. Also AirData UAV has just come out with a new app called OkToFly which gives you weather conditions for 3 days.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe