Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Help.! Adding wings to my spark

azkb91

Join
Aug 24, 2017
hej guys, i am planning to mount stub wings on my spark? any of yyou tried it? photos? vidoes?

hej guys, i am planning to mount stub wings on my spark? any of yyou tried it? photos? vidoes?

What's a stub wing?

I can only think adding stub wings will possible increase uplift on forward flight and increase flight time/battery life. Only problem is the added weight will drain it quicker when idle. Can't see it's worth it in my opinion

Just more weight which may result in less flight time.
No thanks.

To go forward, Spark need to tilt, you would need to have wing that rotate and keep their angle.
Sounds really strange and I would highly doubt you can get a benefit out of that, but I would be interested to see any trial and most probably the related crash.
download.jpg
On helicopter it works as it is the rotor that tilt.

Stub wings are usually used to mount weapons or other payload, but well designed ones can help with lift. Would love to see a controlled experiment to see if it actually added flight time.

Stub wings are usually used to mount weapons or other payload, but well designed ones can help with lift. Would love to see a controlled experiment to see if it actually added flight time.

Um, I recommend just saying "no."

I had a silly idea.

How about a Helium balloon filled so that it perfectly floats the Spark in the air?

Could increase flight time if you're just taking pictures.

The motors would be at idle while in the air and if in tripod mode, the stick control would be slow.

With the Spark hanging below the balloon from a tether, you could make some maneuvers like a blimp and just float around taking pictures.

Like I said, silly idea.

Reactions: noooris
You're not gonna get any lift factor or battery savings on a wing that is 4" x 3" at 30 miles an hour… All you doing is adding weight, And making the AC look like crap.

Google a Russian HIND copter, that's what stub wings are for.

I had a silly idea.

How about a Helium balloon filled so that it perfectly floats the Spark in the air?

The motors would be at idle while in the air and if in tripod mode, the stick control would be slow.

With the Spark hanging below the balloon from a tether, you could make some maneuvers like a blimp and just float around taking pictures.

Like I said, silly idea.
Not a bad idea for a makeshift blimp! It would make time lapses very possible! I might actually have to try this xD
Like have a wooden frame which the spark straps onto, could be a simple cross with sticks leading out to a few inches away from the props, then lines going up to balloons filled with just enough helium to make the motors still work barely (so it would fall at a slow rate if turned off)
The only problems I can think of are balance, tilt/ resulting swing with maneuvering, and a controlled decent...

Thoughts?

PS Spark317 you may have just solved my issue to how I'm going to capture a 30-1hr time lapse of Balloon Fiesta!

I had a silly idea.

Like I said, silly idea.
Hope you will not try a day where there is some wind ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit