Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

[Help] Battery cannot be charged

Heli Ho

Join
Dec 5, 2019
I have one spark battery. I put it aside for more than half year. Recently, I want to fly the spark. I press the button on battery. The led doesn't light up. I put it in charger. The first and second led on the battery light up in turn for four cycles. Then all led turn off. Wait a few seconds, the first and second led on the battery light up in turn again. But it just flash four cycles only. The process repeats. However, the battery can't be charged. Is there any method to charge the battery again? I need expert to help. Thanks in advanced!

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Heli Ho.

I'm not an expert, but I suspect that the battery may have sat too long and the hidden 10% of charge that maintains the "intelligent" part of the battery is gone.
Which means the battery may be dead.

The batteries will self discharge slowly after approximately 10 days of non use as they don't like to be stored with a full charge.

It's a good idea to set a monthly alarm and check the battery level and charge it up to about 75% if planning on long term storage.

I would leave the battery in the charger for a day or so and maybe it will fix itself.

You might try charging the battery while it's on the Spark via a USB cable, that might work?

Welcome to the Forum. ?

I'm not an expert, but I suspect that the battery may have sat too long and the hidden 10% of charge that maintains the "intelligent" part of the battery is gone.

The batteries will self discharge slowly after approximately 10 days of non use as they don't like to be stored with a full charge.

It's a good idea to set a monthly alarm and check the battery level and charge it up to about 75% if planning on long term storage.

I would leave the battery in the charger for a day or so and maybe it will fix itself.

You might try charging the battery while it's on the Spark via a USB cable, that might work?

Welcome to the Forum. [emoji41]
If he have one battery i assume he had this spark no rc,no charger,no nothing :) So for him it is the only way to charge.

Welcome to the Forum. ?
Thank you for your suggestion! I am charging the faulty battery with dji charging hub. The led on the charger shows red. I hope it can be recovered in 1 day charging time.

If he have one battery i assume he had this spark no rc,no charger,no nothing :) So for him it is the only way to charge.
Actually, I have two type of chargers with my spark. One is original dji charging hub and the other is compatible charger using in car. If I charge it with compatible charger, only two led on battery light up in turn. If I charge it with dji charging hub, the battery led doesn't light up and charger led show red.

Thank you for your suggestion! I am charging the faulty battery with dji charging hub. The led on the charger shows red. I hope it can be recovered in 1 day charging time.
There is a way to reset the battery .i think you need to hold the power in for a few seconds, Mine did the same thing . There us a button sequence you push to reset. It worked for me . Check you tube
DJI Smart Battery. Good luck

Reactions: I B Spectre
I charge my spark battery with charging hub for whole night, it still can't be charged.
I want to know how to reset battery.
After putting the battery in charging hub for few hours, I remove it from charger. I press the button on battery, one led will light up. sad to say, it completely discharge in few minutes.

Sorry to say but looks like the inner chemistry in the cell due to low voltage has need damaged in reverseble .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit