Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Help connecting RC to phone!

Noobiepilot

Join
Jul 30, 2018
hey guys, I’m new here, I’m sure some sort of my question has been asked, and I’ve researched to no avail. I want to see if anyone has any tips here.

I just got my fly more combo a week ago. My RC and drone weren’t paired, even though everyone claims it is. So i linked them and that was an ordeal on its own, but now here’s my issue. I have such a tedious method to connecting my phone to the RC WiFi. No matter what I do, this is the only way I can get it to connect: turn spark on, turn controller on, wait for green light, search for WiFi, wait over 30 seconds, doesn’t appear, turn controller off, turn controller back on, wait until green light, check WiFi, not there, open app, wait 15 seconds, go back to WiFi, and it finally appears. This doesn’t seem right. Why can’t I just turn on both, light be green and connect. Has anyone had this issue??? I’m kinda getting sick of it.

I don't wait for the green light. I just turn on the RC and drone, and start looking for the wifi. Usually comes up pretty quickly, sometimes before the RC and drone have connected.

All that said, you may wish to try OTG cable if this issue persists.

I don't wait for the green light. I just turn on the RC and drone, and start looking for the wifi. Usually comes up pretty quickly, sometimes before the RC and drone have connected.

All that said, you may wish to try OTG cable if this issue persists.

Yeah I’ve tried that and it definitely does not find it, lol do you use an otg cable?

hey guys, I’m new here, I’m sure some sort of my question has been asked, and I’ve researched to no avail. I want to see if anyone has any tips here.

I just got my fly more combo a week ago. My RC and drone weren’t paired, even though everyone claims it is. So i linked them and that was an ordeal on its own, but now here’s my issue. I have such a tedious method to connecting my phone to the RC WiFi. No matter what I do, this is the only way I can get it to connect: turn spark on, turn controller on, wait for green light, search for WiFi, wait over 30 seconds, doesn’t appear, turn controller off, turn controller back on, wait until green light, check WiFi, not there, open app, wait 15 seconds, go back to WiFi, and it finally appears. This doesn’t seem right. Why can’t I just turn on both, light be green and connect. Has anyone had this issue??? I’m kinda getting sick of it.
Most probably because your phone don't like 5.8G channels used by DJI, they are low power and not supported by all phones. If the Spark see the 2.4G as clean (not that much interference, no Bluetooth nearby), it select it and RC use 5.8G for connection to phone.
If you are in CE mode with an android device it could be a reason.

In which country are you located and what phone are you using?

Most probably because your phone don't like 5.8G channels used by DJI, they are low power and not supported by all phones. If the Spark see the 2.4G as clean (not that much interference, no Bluetooth nearby), it select it and RC use 5.8G for connection to phone.
If you are in CE mode with an android device it could be a reason.

In which country are you located and what phone are you using?

In the U.S and iPhone 8 Plus

In the U.S and iPhone 8 Plus
Then your phone should be ok with 5.8G.
Normally the RC should have been linked with the Spark at shipment. Did you tried to rebind the RC to the Spark? They need to be close to almost touch.
Can you try with some other device (phone, tab, laptop) to see if they take also long to see the RC wifi ?

I have to manually connect my RC to my iPad Mini 4. It does not connect automatically so I have to go into the iPad settings and select the Spark. That is, if it shows up on the iPad to begin with. Since the last update, that is a hit or miss situation.

Then your phone should be ok with 5.8G.
Normally the RC should have been linked with the Spark at shipment. Did you tried to rebind the RC to the Spark? They need to be close to almost touch.
Can you try with some other device (phone, tab, laptop) to see if they take also long to see the RC wifi ?

Ive tried on my ipad and its the same thing.

Let me ask something, if the contoller is on and the spark isnt, should the phone be able to find it? Because it doesnt do that for me.

What is the full method to reset everything?

Ive tried on my ipad and its the same thing.

Let me ask something, if the contoller is on and the spark isnt, should the phone be able to find it? Because it doesnt do that for me.

What is the full method to reset everything?
You should be able to see the SparkRCxxxx wifi even if Spark is off.
Reset of RC default wifi is done turning first RC on and then press the power button for 10 seconds until you hear a serie of bips. The wifi SSID and password is supposed to be reseted,
RC firmware could be also refreshed but that means to have first connection to it with the Go4 app.
Are you at a short distance to the RC or some larger distance? Short would be better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme