Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Help dji go4 app won't let me take off

Gavieboydgi

Premium Pilot
Join
Mar 3, 2018
I've downgraded to 300 a.c. firmware and using tss online app and the app just says aircraft is locked till I update to dji 1000 update.

This is what I absolutely hate about dji drones forced updates is shocking.

Can someone help me to sort this it's probably pretty easy fix I've used dumldore to load the 300 firmware.
Thanks

I have moved off of DJI GO and am using Litchi for everything now. It truly is a major improvement. It is interesting to me that Litchi recommends using the latest/most current firmware for the RC and AC. I believe there may be some programming hooks in the newer firmware that allows Litchi and other 3rd party software providers to work a lot of their magic with added features. It would be nice if someone who REALLY knows could provide us with more information.

I have moved off of DJI GO and am using Litchi for everything now. It truly is a major improvement. It is interesting to me that Litchi recommends using the latest/most current firmware for the RC and AC. I believe there may be some programming hooks in the newer firmware that allows Litchi and other 3rd party software providers to work a lot of their magic with added features. It would be nice if someone who REALLY knows could provide us with more information.

Looking through the threads on this topic it is apparent that this is a long-standing problem. Almost every DJI firmware update creates a corresponding Litchi error that takes time to fix.

I am running a prelease version of Litchi for iOS 12 in Test Flight program for app developers. No problem here so there's hope for the future.

I've been advised that this is the very reason that DJI forces the updates - it's their subtle way of discouraging third party software on their drones.

I downgraded to get past a NFZ and had the same issue. make sure to flash your rc too.

I think if we use the NLD MOD for the DJI Go APP (maybe only android?) it should work just fine.

also I noticed if DJI wants me grounded, Litchi is same

I can tell you from first-hand experience, as a software developer, the notice that says "click here to update" is probably planned to benefit the developer a lot more than it will benefit you. Does dji provide you with a listing of all of the new features and benefits YOU are going to get if you update? What is in that firmware update? What is in the latest and greatest update? Does it make your drone fly better? I've heard stories on this forum about drones that refuse to take off after the update. Maybe that is because the software looked at your flight records and decided you are a bad pilot, or you voted for the wrong candidate, or the camera in the drone caught a glimpse of you and sent it to China where they decided that people who wear blue shirts should not fly on even numbered days. Yes, I know I'm just being silly, but can you say with absolute certainty, that my conspiracy theory is incorrect? As for me, when I am presented with an update notice, I "Just say NO", unless I am being provided with a compelling reason to update and it will benefit ME!!!

I can tell you from first-hand experience, as a software developer, the notice that says "click here to update" is probably planned to benefit the developer a lot more than it will benefit you. Does dji provide you with a listing of all of the new features and benefits YOU are going to get if you update? What is in that firmware update? What is in the latest and greatest update? Does it make your drone fly better? I've heard stories on this forum about drones that refuse to take off after the update. Maybe that is because the software looked at your flight records and decided you are a bad pilot, or you voted for the wrong candidate, or the camera in the drone caught a glimpse of you and sent it to China where they decided that people who wear blue shirts should not fly on even numbered days. Yes, I know I'm just being silly, but can you say with absolute certainty, that my conspiracy theory is incorrect? As for me, when I am presented with an update notice, I "Just say NO", unless I am being provided with a compelling reason to update and it will benefit ME!!!
TOO TRUE!

Have my Spark 2 weeks. Week one flew anywhere but mostly the woods by my home.

Upgrade firmware: could no longer launch in my own back yard or even inside my house as this past two weekend was NFZ due vip traveling in my area.

Saturday I downgraded firmware and flew. Sunday drone was locked until I “upgrade to current firmware”.

Ok. I’ll won’t fly high when POTUS is near but below tree line is n my yard should not be locked out.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
TOO TRUE!

Have my Spark 2 weeks. Week one flew anywhere but mostly the woods by my home.

Upgrade firmware: could no longer launch in my own back yard or even inside my house as this past two weekend was NFZ due vip traveling in my area.

Saturday I downgraded firmware and flew. Sunday drone was locked until I “upgrade to current firmware”.

Ok. I’ll won’t fly high when POTUS is near but below tree line is n my yard should not be locked out.
I have the same issue with NFZs. To not let you even take off is ridiculous. They could instead limit your flight ceiling to 30-40 feet and your range to 300 feet, which is toy drone territory. At least you would be able to get some practice on your flying skills in or around your home without putting commercial/emergency service aviation in danger and not have to drive several (if not many) miles to an area you can fly. But no, they ground you altogether.

In any case, if you want to get around this, I would suggest using NLD modded FW. I updated my Spark out of the box with their 0900 version and I'm able to fly in my house and yard, even though I am deep in a NFZ. I don't go too high (max 40 ft) and too far (max 200 ft), but at least I can practice my flying skills.

Oh and use the DJI Go 4 MOD app. It will prompt you for NFZ database updates, but you can just ignore them. Don't use the NLD DJI Go 4 app, as it doesn't work too well with OTG.

I have the same issue with NFZs. To not let you even take off is ridiculous. They could instead limit your flight ceiling to 30-40 feet and your range to 300 feet, which is toy drone territory. At least you would be able to get some practice on your flying skills in or around your home without putting commercial/emergency service aviation in danger and not have to drive several (if not many) miles to an area you can fly. But no, they ground you altogether.

In any case, if you want to get around this, I would suggest using NLD modded FW. I updated my Spark out of the box with their 0900 version and I'm able to fly in my house and yard, even though I am deep in a NFZ. I don't go too high (max 40 ft) and too far (max 200 ft), but at least I can practice my flying skills.

Oh and use the DJI Go 4 MOD app. It will prompt you for NFZ database updates, but you can just ignore them. Don't use the NLD DJI Go 4 app, as it doesn't work too well with OTG.

They can’t. If there is a freeze/TFR issued by the FAA then that is from the surface. The problem with DJI setting for a NFZ is that it’s radius bases. A friend lives just south of a military base and according the DJI he can’t fly. Everything else, including the FAA, show that it’s fine to fly up to 400 feet.

Last edited:
I downgraded to get past a NFZ and had the same issue. make sure to flash your rc too.

I think if we use the NLD MOD for the DJI Go APP (maybe only android?) it should work just fine.

also I noticed if DJI wants me grounded, Litchi is same

How does one flash the rc do you plug it into the pc and use assistant??? Thanks.

Reactions: goixiz

Thanks for the info.

What if put into "Atti" mode? Will it work then... Gps will be disabled

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex