Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

help wanted - panning... how to pan smoothly?

BrianP

Join
Jan 27, 2018
help!
I'm struggling with achieving smooth pans...
Can you help with some tips please?
Here's a 4min vid that would benefit from being able to pan smoother...

I cannot seem to find any settings in the Go4 app to slow down left and right turning speed.
I may be barking up the wrong tree...

Thanks for any help!

I think GIMBLE SPEED is slowed in TRIPOD MODE...but I still have mine lowered to 8 for all other shots.

Reactions: BrianP
I think GIMBLE SPEED is slowed in TRIPOD MODE...but I still have mine lowered to 8 for all other shots.
thanks for the heads up.
I set my gimbal speed low but will check before next flight.

^^^^ above.

Additionally, pan past where you would normally stop in your pan of an area. Then, edit what you don't want at the end in post production and use fades.

^^^^ above.

Additionally, pan past where you would normally stop in your pan of an area. Then, edit what you don't want at the end in post production and use fades.

nice tip! Thank you.
(it reminds me of discussing robotic welding vs human welding... apparently humans find it hard to start, continue and stop at required speed, whereas the robot just produced linear speed welds at will).

help!

I cannot seem to find any settings in the Go4 app to slow down left and right turning speed.

Thanks for any help!
use filters to slow down your shutter speed already have you?

Are you flying a DJI Spark? Go get some ND filters.

Yes, it's a DJI Spark.
the app is called Go4
I received some filters with the Spark but haven't realised all the benefits of using them yet.

Panning is always tricky. Don't fly too windy and also a good distance away from subjects give better results. Have fun and have a great day.

^^^^ above.

This is what i do too. I always give myself extra room at the start and finish during a pan. After some practice on the remote controller, you start to get a good feel of its sensitivity.

This is what i do too. I always give myself extra room at the start and finish during a pan. After some practice on the remote controller, you start to get a good feel of its sensitivity.

Cheers myko, good to know !

help!

Thanks for any help!
Hi there,

Fly low and fly slow, the camera must hold the position for at least 10 seconds...always follow the ten seconds rule. Also try the ND8 filter and compare it to your normal videos you have already taken and you will see the difference. In tripod mode you will get the best shots. Remember....low and slow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers