Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hi guys!!! I have questions

antwnis

Join
Apr 7, 2018
Hi spark friends,

I had some time to fly little guy and i noticed reduced range of fpv signal, is it only me or something changed?
For example i set my limit at 500 meters and always i began to loose fpv signal at about 400 meters, but last weekend i stated to loose signal at 250 meters.
And my other question is had eneoyne tried to mount a gopro hero 6 on spark? or an dji osmo pocket?

Thanks!

Γεια σου Αντώνη.

Nothing has been changed, generally.

The question is, if you have changed something.
Do you fly in CE or FCC mode?

Hi spark friends,

For example i set my limit at 500 meters and always i began to loose fpv signal at about 400 meters, but last weekend i stated to loose signal at 250 meters.

Thanks!

Always at the same spot? urban areas with many wifi hotspots can reduce the the range.

For the other question:

Reactions: Prayingdsr
Γεια σου Αντώνη.

Nothing has been changed, generally.

The question is, if you have changed something.
Do you fly in CE or FCC mode?
Γεια σου πατριδα!

i fly from t efirst day in fcc mode and never near town.

Hi spark friends,

I had some time to fly little guy and i noticed reduced range of fpv signal, is it only me or something changed?
And my other question is had eneoyne tried to mount a gopro hero 6 on spark? or an dji osmo pocket?

Thanks!

Have you tried a parabolic antenna booster? They are inexpensive and can greatly improve signal strength. You will have longer range and more stable camera view.

Hi spark friends,

Thanks!
If you want to know the cause of this, you can start by eliminating factors that could contribute:
- Did you change anything in your setup (different battery, different smartphone)
- Did you fly from the exact same spot?
- Was there something new around, like heavy machinery from construction workers?
- Thunderstorms nearby?
- Was you controller battery charged fully?

You also need to go back to this same location and try again to see if the problem is persistant or maybe just a one-off thing.

The difference could also be explained if you were flying in another mode (FCC or CE) but I think you're from Greece (Oeta mountain?). That means that you have been flying in CE mode, which should have limited your range in the past (400 meters is about what you can expect). So, the reduction in range can not really be explained with a mode switch.

yes i always try it at my wifes village town at oiti mountain at 850 meters high

It's also really important to point with your rc to the drone. At this high it's really easy to come in the "WiFi-shadow" directly above the rc. There you have a really weak signal. Take a look here:

I think when flying fpv it's happens much easier to point in wrong direction with the rc. When flying los (line of sight) I stand most of the time in direction of the drone (to avoid neck pain). When you go flying next time try to point with the rc to your Spark :)

Try this:

i am at fcc mode, and tried at the same spot as usual thats why i noticed the different range!
i dont mind the difference , i always record video at 100 meter top , thats why i have a distance limit at 500 meters , but i just pushed it to see how far it goes and i lost connection sooner as usual.
Thank you all for responses whoever! keep flying and keep safe!

Hi spark friends,

Thanks!
maybe the transmitter in the spark is getting weaker.. see the spark and the controller have 1 watt transmitters.. yea wayyyyy over powered... thats why they get sooo hot both the transmitter and the controller.... and waste so much battery.....so its probably that.. get a new main board there cheap

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex