Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Home Button Hint for iOS Devices

jrhoffman75

Join
Mar 1, 2019

When my iPhone or iPad is in the Spark remote controller I find it difficult to press the home button to access home screen or double press to switch apps.

The link above shows how to add a software home button to the display. Unobtrusive to the app being used.

So a virtual home button will appear on the screen while running the Go4 app?

I learn something new every day.

I fly with a mini4 and haven't had any problems, but others might.

I do remember something about the orientation of the actual home button is best on the right hand side.

Some of the devices had a magnet embedded inside for a cover or something, and it would effect the remote if the home button was on the left.

I've been using this soft home button for years - it's very useful in most cases but I've learnt to turn it off whenever I fly - it's happened to often that I think I hit the screen for a command and instead have hit there home button and exited the app I'm using (DJG Go, Litchi or whatever). Use sith caution

What a great idea and thanks for bringing this to our attention. I have certainly experienced this issue and will look to see if it helps. I can see the benefit but actually the number of times during a flight one needs to press the Home Button is small so will experiment. Again thanks.

When my iPhone or iPad is in the Spark remote controller I find it difficult to press the home button to access home screen or double press to switch apps.

The link above shows how to add a software home button to the display. Unobtrusive to the app being used.
Thanks for sharing! I'm sure there are plenty of pilots that didn't know this and it will be very helpful to them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leahandran