Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Hot Air Balloon

Balloons are sneaky.

Unless you're looking up, you won't notice them until the burners fire up.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Nilocrenrew.

Good observation.

The FAA does consider a balloon to be a manned aircraft, complete with an N number.

It's not a powered aircraft so it's predictable on which direction it will go to steer clear of the flight path at a safe distance.

A helicopter can go anywhere, anytime and is why you should land the drone if one is near.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Nilocrenrew.

Good observation.

The FAA does consider a balloon to be a manned aircraft, complete with an N number.

It's not a powered aircraft so it's predictable on which direction it will go to steer clear of the flight path at a safe distance.

A helicopter can go anywhere, anytime and is why you should land the drone if one is near.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

@Spark 317 Agreed, I researched prior to engagement to ensure regulations and I was within stated regulations:

"Hot air balloons are manned aircraft under FAA rules. The obligation of UAV pilots and operators is to yield to manned aircraft. Pilots should not operate a UAV in any manner that poses a risk of collision with a manned aircraft. Trained pilots know that they may not fly near, above, below unless well clear. The UAV must not in any way create a risk of collision with a hot air balloon."

@Nilocrenrew I appreciate your concern and duly noted.

Reactions: Spark 317
Great shots and thanks for responsible as opposed to trying to land on top of it. ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe