Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How do you set the Home point in Litchi please?

BrianP

Join
Jan 27, 2018
just purchased Litchi and struggling with a basic need...

How do you set the Home point in Litchi please? (ios 11 and iphone 6 for my DJI Spark)

-be gentle...

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Web
www.Spark-Help.com
The home point will be automatically set when the Spark has a good GPS signal. After that point, you can tap and drag the "H" marker on the map to move the home point to another location.

BrianP

Join
Jan 27, 2018
The home point will be automatically set when the Spark has a good GPS signal. After that point, you can tap and drag the "H" marker on the map to move the home point to another location.
phew... that's a relief to know! I am dying to fly using the app but had a nagging doubt about Home point being elsewhere...
Thank you very much!

yycwrangler

Join
Feb 15, 2018
I believe you can also have a updated home point if your traveling with say a bike and you are now 5km's away from the original homepoint it makes no sense to have the spark return to the original homepoint. I know go app allows this

BrianP

Join
Jan 27, 2018
I believe you can also have a updated home point if your traveling with say a bike and you are now 5km's away from the original homepoint it makes no sense to have the spark return to the original homepoint. I know go app allows this
I'm hoping that each time you power up the spark, and GPS is established, the Homepoint is updated to where you actually are. (following on from msingers' great help)

yycwrangler

Join
Feb 15, 2018
I know it doesn't update to your new location with the DJI go app. I launched my drone, and it created a home point. Then had it follow me on my bicycle. About 3km's out the display showed around 20%. Initiated RTH. Took off and started RTH way back 3km's. I cancelled the RTH and tried to bring it back to my location. Obviously in a panic by now. By the time it made it's way back, the battery died and it landed between the original RTH and where I was on the bike manually controlling it. And into deep bushes. Luckily the find my drone worked and I was able to find the spark. That's where I learned that in the dji app, there is a setting where the RTH updates as your moving based on the location of the RC. Not sure if Litchi does that also

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carmar555777