Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How "fill in the blank" do you have to be to crash your Spark?

Zezrum

Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Colorado, USA
So I'm eating some humble pie right now. I've often read how people make mistake with their Spark and I usually think to myself, "How ______ do you have to be to crash your Spark?" Seems to me that a little common sense and careful operating should protect oneself from ever having a mishap.

Okay, well I apologize to anyone I have thought that about before.

I'm sitting here at my desk reviewing some settings in the DJI Go 4 app, and decided it was a good idea to program the "Fn" button on the RC to "Takeoff/Landing". Then several minutes later, I'm doing something else in the app, and accidentally hit the Fn button on the RC.

Well, I learned that the Takeoff/Landing action when mapped to a button on the RC does NOT have any type of confirmation dialog. So when I accidentally hit the Fn button on the RC, the Spark immediately took flight, and I was unprepared and before I could grab it, the Spark drifted (atti mode) a foot away into the window blinds!

Good news, only one of the props got nicked up, easy to replace. Bad news: I have proven that you only have to be ___________ to crash your Spark!

Cheers!

Reactions: Dronason
Great story...I do **** like that all the time when I'm bored. One of the luxuries of having a home based office.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex