Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How to edit your drone videos Part 2: Adding music and syncing clips

robertwsimpson

Join
Apr 24, 2018

In part 2 of my 3 part series, I show how I retime and trim my clips to create scene changes that are synced with the music I have chosen. Hopefully you can pick up a new trick!

I'll give a shoutout in part 3 to anyone who can get the exact total number of times I say the word "snippet" (or snippets) as well! ;)

in case you missed part 1:

As always, I welcome all comments and critiques!

Thanks for Bass rebels. I am using Sony vegas pro v13 and I am wondering if you know how to reduce jitter during pan shots or what additional software
i may need?

Thanks for Bass rebels. I am using Sony vegas pro v13 and I am wondering if you know how to reduce jitter during pan shots or what additional software
i may need?
You can’t fix them. Final cut has a built in stabilization, which helps, but a keen eye will still see that it just doesn’t work. I’ll be talking about that in part 3. I’ve never used the software you’re mentioning, but see if there is some stabilization built in. Try it out and see how it looks.

Hello Robert - you're welcome :)

I have had my Spark for a few months now, so firstly it was good to see I was doing some things right, and great tips for beginners on your video were:
1/ Don't include any jerky movements from the video you take
2/ Set your exposure and white balance manually
and 3/ For every 10 minutes or so of original video expect about a minute of finished product.

New stuff for me:
1/ Using different speeds whilst editing - which I hadn't thought of,
2/ Doing a much more professional job of matching the music to the finished video
3/ The different sources for music you and others posted

All the best

HP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme