Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How to learn to fly?

Yashax

Join
Jun 22, 2020
A little history. I wanted to get in the hobby a year ago and purchased FrySky X12S, but did not do anything with it. I do own DJI Spark which I have been flying for a while.

Following the advise of other forums I downloaded the Velocidrone and LiftOff and hooked it up to my X12S. It calibrates OK and everything seems to setup OK. I even used settings recommended to start very very basic.

No matter what I do, I can not figure out how to fly. Even if my movements are tiny. The drone just takes off. I can barely fly straight between pylons. Forget about turning.

I really want to learn, but being really discouraged.

Please help.

Jake

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Yashax.

I can't help you with your current problem with your drone.

But others here may be able to help as they may have other aircraft in the fleet to shed some light.

Glad you have had good results with the Spark.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

I assume that you are talking about problems flying in the simulator. If that is the case, then you are flying in "Acro" mode which is totally manual in all respects. There is no flight stabilization in that mode at all. If you are planning to fly a mini quad, then you are on the right trail. That simulator will help you learn. There should be some stabilized modes in the sim that you can use like Horizon Mode or Angle Mode. Angle Mode will be more like flying the Spark as it will keep the quad level and restrict flying angles but it will not maintain altitude automatically. There are lots of videos on how to fly in Velocidrone on YouTube. Good luck!

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe