Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

How to record on sdcard

Gungor AYAR

Join
Jun 4, 2018
For spark,I inserted a 32gb sandisc sd card,but I couldn't learn how to record on this card,when I slide open sdcard on the djigo4 but I see a warning.when this warning closes,the slide opened becomes closed again.to make short,how can I record my photos and videos on the sdcard?Thank you.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Gungor AYAR.

I'm not sure if I can help but I'll try.

First, make sure the SD card you are using is up to specifications. Here is a list from DJI.

20171212_081553.png There is no slider that I'm aware of to record to the SD card when inserted into the Spark. It just does.

If you are referring to the sliders here...
Screenshot_20180624-130342.jpg

They are for recording cached (poor quality backup footage) to your device.

Your device may have optional storage to an SD card that is not there and the DJI Go4 app may be automatically switching it OFF because it can't store anything if there is no card available?

When taking pictures or videos they will be stored on the SD card in the Spark.
Remove the card from the Spark, upload your files to the PC and enjoy the quality verses the cached crap on the device.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Dear Spark 317,Thanks for your answer,
In the picture, you see Cache to sdcard.It is activated in this picture.But on my application,it is seen non activated and can't be activated.When I try slide it to activate,a menu ,as seen in pic2,comes.and it continues like in pictures 3,4,5.And when I come back to the menu , becomes non activated again ,in pic6.My sdcard is sandisc 32gb,it is fine in other devices.
After I record photos or videos,there is nothing in the sdcard.
How can I manage to record on the sdcard?

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    153 KB · Views: 39
  • 3.png
    3.png
    219.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 4.png
    4.png
    194.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 5.png
    5.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 35
Hello.
First thing to check is the SD card itself as Spark 317 said. See if yours is one of the recommended on the list above. If the answer is yes, try with another card to isolate the problem.

Reactions: Gungor AYAR
Hello.
First thing to check is the SD card itself as Spark 317 said. See if yours is one of the recommended on the list above. If the answer is yes, try with another card to isolate the problem.
Another one,I tried.A sandisk 64 gb.It is the same.

Did you try to format the card with go4 app?
If card is able to be formatted you should record i guess.

Did you try to format the card with go4 app?
If card is able to be formatted you should record i guess.
And another thing;on djigo4,in the upper right corner,it shows the capacity of the sdcard, plus,when in photo mode,the other photo options like pano ,shutle etc are seen ,which means the sdcard is ok.but after recording,I can't see my records on the card.

Sorry cannot answer on top of my head where it is exactly.
But if you start your AC and look into the go4 app, there is an option "format SD card"

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Gungor AYAR.

I'm not sure if I can help but I'll try.

First, make sure the SD card you are using is up to specifications. Here is a list from DJI.

View attachment 5493 There is no slider that I'm aware of to record to the SD card when inserted into the Spark. It just does.

If you are referring to the sliders here...
View attachment 5494

They are for recording cached (poor quality backup footage) to your device.

Your device may have optional storage to an SD card that is not there and the DJI Go4 app may be automatically switching it OFF because it can't store anything if there is no card available?

When taking pictures or videos they will be stored on the SD card in the Spark.
Remove the card from the Spark, upload your files to the PC and enjoy the quality verses the cached crap on the device.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:
You mean just insert the sdcard and spark does the rest,records on the card,don't you?

You mean just insert the sdcard and spark does the rest,records on the card,don't you?

Yes. Insert the SD Card in the Spark aircraft, not the device(phone).

Anytime you take pictures or video with the Spark, it should be there.

You can view them and even download through your device and the Go4 app but what you see is not as good as the original on the card itself.

A drawback to viewing them this way is that the Spark has to be powered up and wasting precious battery time that I would rather use for flying.

I just take the card out and dump the files to the PC then view them and edit in editing software.

Reactions: Gungor AYAR
Yes. Insert the SD Card in the Spark aircraft, not the device(phone).

Anytime you take pictures or video with the Spark, it should be there.

You can view them and even download through your device and the Go4 app but what you see is not as good as the original on the card itself.

A drawback to viewing them this way is that the Spark has to be powered up and wasting precious battery time that I would rather use for flying.

I just take the card out and dump the files to the PC then view them and edit in editing software.
Yes,it worked.On the phone the video is bad but on the card it is perfect.Thank you.

Reactions: Spark 317
You're welcome :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe