Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

hyperlapse with spark?

soapbrain

Join
Feb 15, 2018
I've been looking at videos online regarding drone hyperlapses. obviously, the spark isn't the drone of choice given (a) lack of waypoints (b) rather limited battery life. The Phantom 4 pro would still be best. But we still do retain the interval photo mode, so in theory we should have this capacity. How are your experiences with the spark as a hyperlapse tool?

You'll get the best hyperlapse by filming and processing it through Microsoft's Hyperlapse app. Others here have had success with smooth flying and speeding up the footage with apps like Filmora. I doubt the photo interval mode would provide anyting very smooth looking.

I've been looking at videos online regarding drone hyperlapses. obviously, the spark isn't the drone of choice given (a) lack of waypoints (b) rather limited battery life. The Phantom 4 pro would still be best. But we still do retain the interval photo mode, so in theory we should have this capacity. How are your experiences with the spark as a hyperlapse tool?
I GOTTA ASK WHAT IS HYPERLASPE

Reactions: djiman
I GOTTA ASK WHAT IS HYPERLASPE
TL:DR Hyperlapse=Moving Timelapse

Longer version - Hyperlapse is when you take a shot after shot for the whole battery life of the drone or camera. You need to make sure that you keep the subject steady in the exact frame as you change angle (move forward or sideways) this will give an illusion that you are moving towards the subject but the subject is stationary (I know it sounds ironic as the subject like a building will be stationary) but the illusion will be epic. Here is a link to a YouTube video which will show you exactly how to do it. Keep in mind that you need to take more than 100shots to make a good 5 second or so video.

Reactions: MikeSpark
TL:DR Hyperlapse=Moving Timelapse

Longer version - Hyperlapse is when you take a shot after shot for the whole battery life of the drone or camera. You need to make sure that you keep the subject steady in the exact frame as you change angle (move forward or sideways) this will give an illusion that you are moving towards the subject but the subject is stationary (I know it sounds ironic as the subject like a building will be stationary) but the illusion will be epic. Here is a link to a YouTube video which will show you exactly how to do it. Keep in mind that you need to take more than 100shots to make a good 5 second or so video.

Thank you sir I had no idea that was possible i,d have to practice dosen,t take me long to catch on but getting started ,i still don,t have a clue but i know what the word means now

Thank you sir I had no idea that was possible i,d have to practice dosen,t take me long to catch on but getting started ,i still don,t have a clue but i know what the word means now
Go for it. It's a very nifty broll tool which pros use and give a tour of the famous monument like Eiffel tower or taj Mahal etc.

Go for it. It's a very nifty broll tool which pros use and give a tour of the famous monument like Eiffel tower or taj Mahal etc.
so your making the video from photos keeping the subject centered and thats how you get that effect ?

Exactly that gives the illusion
now i gotta ask what sof ware should i be looking for i have one old computer that i use digital image on i really like it becuase it,s so easy to use and will probably keep using until i can find a comparable software

now i gotta ask what sof ware should i be looking for i have one old computer that i use digital image on i really like it becuase it,s so easy to use and will probably keep using until i can find a comparable software
After effects, Microsoft hyperlapse those are what I know of, it's only a few clicks in those software and in few mins your Hyperlapse is completed.

There are tons of free time lapse programs that you can find on google. There is an older version of QuickTime that will do it too.

Wow! thanks guys!

How'd you do this? Tripod mode? and interval shots? or did you use a video then speed it up?
yes, tripod mode with interval shots. you can see the light trails that the cars make, that's a dead givaway that longer exposures were used, which means it's not video. Video gives a completely different look.

Reactions: antnyp85

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav