Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

I got my Mavic and Spark controllers mixed up.

netfolks2000

Join
Mar 26, 2018
Loc
Texas
Yes, I know. HOW COULD YOU DO THAT? Well, I put labels on them now. But in the process of trying to use my Spark one day I was tired and quickly picked up the Mavic controller by mistake. In the process of trying to "fix things" I think I have messed up both controllers. I have reset the Spark controller but still, BOTH controllers now give me a controller error "remote controller connection error" and worse, they will both lose video in mid flight. So I am staying close meantime till I figure this out. I have good connections now and can fly but still in mid flights I'll get that error and don't know why. If you have had this experience please share your solution.

What I'm thinking might be good is to reinstall the DJI Go 4 app, reconnect the drone and the controller in both. I just don't know why, after being able to fly again with connections working, I keep getting that controller error and losing video now.

I would also reset the drones too. I had an connection issue once and had to reset it.
Thank you for that suggestion. But what does that mean, "reset". That is what I'm hoping someone will list for me, the steps in resetting everything, the app (reinstall), the drone and the controller. I'm not clear on what that means. Do I try to reinstall firmware? Do I just erase and then re-install WiFi addresses? Tks.

I finally got this resolved. I re-linked both drones to their controllers, un-installed the DJI Go 4 4 app. Must remember your ID and password if you do this. Then I re-linked each drone to the app and flew trouble free again. I'm attaching my notes if anyone ever needs them.

Re-linking the drone with the remote controller (RC) and the DJI Go 4 app on the phone.

If dealing with a “mess” (getting error messages) it is a good idea to un-install the app and re-install it. Remember your sign-in ID and password to log in again.
SPARK
Link RC with app.
  • Power on drone and RC.
  • Connect phone to RC WiFi
  • Press drone power button 3 sec. until you hear 1 beep. Front LEDs blink red.
  • Launch app on phone. Tap “RC Connected” in lower left. Then “Remote Controller.” Then “Remote Controller Linking.”
  • RC beeps and starts linking. Front LED on drone turns solid red. LED on RC turns from red to green. Done!
Can do this without a phone, too. On RC hold Pause, Func and the Custom Button which is below the Shutter button on right. RC starts beeping, then stops. Links. Done.

MAVIC PRO
  • Power on drone and RC.
  • Launch app on phone. Enter camera icon. Select “Linking RC.”
  • Press Link button on drone, near SD card slot.
  • App will show if done. Live camera view will appear on screen.
Can do this without a phone, too. Press C1, C2 and Record. When you hear beeping push Shutter also. Let go of all. RC will display a message “Binding.” Press the Link button on the drone. When RC says “Ready to Go” and drone rear LEDs flash slowly it is done.

Reactions: SPark_South_Oz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav