Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

I have figured out how to create a tiny planet

Koala Tails

Join
May 14, 2018
AF71180B-15F7-4525-BDF4-BC2F2C34DA5D.jpeg I was having problems creating tiny planets, it took me a few hours to find the answer myself. (The result is above)
The spark took 46 photos in sphere pano mode ✔️
I had downloaded an app to twist photos into the ball shape ✔️
The missing piece of the puzzle is the ability to stitch the 46 photos together so a spherical photo can be created without obvious distortion ☹️

The answer is the “review button” in the DJI go app. The trick is the app needs to be in flight mode with the Spark & RC turned on to access this option. This doesn’t make a lot of sense, why would anyone want to use this option when their spark is airborne!
Happy Flying Everyone

Last edited:
Reactions: vekthor and burrzoo
i think that there needs to be some changes. why do we have to be in flight mode (remote and drone on) to get access to some pictures. we should be able to put the drone in some sort of mode to be able to take still pictures or mess with the camera settings

I download the original photos from the Spark to a PC and stich them with the Microsoft Image Composite Editor. The program is free, easy to use and gives nice results. Works for stiching all kinds of panoramas with several projections.

I use a very simple way with free software and no manual fiddling at all:
1) Stitch the 46 photos with autostitch or dji media maker.
2) Edit the result in photoscape X. Click “transformations", and then the "tiny planet" icon.
The rotation angle can optionally be changed before applying.
Done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme