Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Imu and compass calibration after update

RoccoT312

Join
Jul 2, 2017
When I got my spark all the firmware was up-to-date so I never calibrated the compass or imu. it never told me to on the DJI go 4 app either it said normal. but in the past with old DJI products after you did a firmware update it was recommended to update or calibrate the IMU and compass. So I just updated the sparks firmware for ac and rc. Go4 says normal for imu and compass, but should I recalibrate them because of the updates???

No, i did a calibration after the upgrade and now i can't get compass to "normal" anymore...:(

No, I used to do that as it was standard operating procedure. Now I only do those if I'm noticing issues like drifting or are promoted to do so...

I just got done flying after I updated it yesterday. I didn't calibrate neither one, and it flew great. It held its position, no drifts and it was windy. I also tried the otg cable for the first time and wow what a difference. I have a p3s so I had no choice but to fly with WiFi and I've always thought the lag wasn't bad and it isn't. Same for the spark, but hard wired with otg is awesome.

Hi, after update the last firmware into my spark and try the "gesture piloting" in dji go 4 i have the same problem : strange height, no front off obstacle and no landing "bip". All seem to be desactivated . I try to change firmware, reset factory, uninstall dji go... no effect (( Could you help me plz ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef