Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

IMU calibration

Bill Sallberg

Join
Apr 20, 2019
I have been trying to calibrate my new spark. When flying it will not hover in one spot but drifts off. I have read the Manuel watched a bunch of YouTube videos and still cant calibrate it.

When I touch calibrate it tells me not to start motors. the phone reads, calibrating wait. I have waited and waited, blue line is almost to the end then after 20 minutes or so the battery fails, I know there are other steps. This looks like a fairly easy and quick procedure when watching videos. What am I doing wrong. Please help.

Bill

Reactions: Andre Levite
Try following the steps in this video:

I have been trying to calibrate my new spark. When flying it will not hover in one spot but drifts off. I have read the Manuel watched a bunch of YouTube videos and still cant calibrate it.

When I touch calibrate it tells me not to start motors. the phone reads, calibrating wait. I have waited and waited, blue line is almost to the end then after 20 minutes or so the battery fails, I know there are other steps. This looks like a fairly easy and quick procedure when watching videos. What am I doing wrong. Please help.

Bill

Watch the image of the Spark in the on-screen instructions very closely during the calibration process. You must change the Spark's orientation several times during the process.

There are no other prompts to alert you so it's easy the miss the change in the position of the icon -- t happens in the blink of an eye. Many others (including myself) didn't catch that the first time.

I've never had to do it again after that first time I set it up.

Happy flying!!

Try following the steps in this video:

Watch the image of the Spark in the on-screen instructions very closely during the calibration process. You must change the Spark's orientation several times during the process.

There are no other prompts to alert you so it's easy the miss the change in the position of the icon -- t happens in the blink of an eye. Many others (including myself) didn't catch that the first time.

I've never had to do it again after that first time I set it up.

Happy flying!!
I did not get any steps. I watched ever second of the first 5 minutes.

There are no discrete "steps" or prompts during the instructions -- the Spark icon just flips position.

But if you are positive the icon isn't moving is try these steps next...
1. Move to open area outside to get away from stray wif and other sources of indoor interference. Preferably standing on soil or grass (not concrete).
2. Turn off smart watch and other sources of Bluetooth interference
3. If still not successful would uninstall and reinstall DJI Go App
4. Last step would be to reset AC wifi to factory defaults and pair again with phone.

I've seen each of those work for different people with this issue. I'd try them each in the order above

I did not get any steps. I watched ever second of the first 5 minutes.
Did you move the aircraft when the position of the aircraft changes in DJI GO? If you watch the video above, you'll see the person in the video is matching the positions displayed in DJI GO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme