Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Indonesia flight

davpmars

Join
Jun 11, 2018
I’m currently in Indonesia. It’s the first time leaving the country with my drone. I’m going to calibrate the IMU but otherwise is there anything else I need to do?

Welcome to Indonesia, Im in Jakarta, so far flying DJI Spark thats all you need to do if you have compass also aligned , ensure GPS is good and locked into it. From my experience flying in Jakarta, Bali and Ujung Kulon West Java ; Fly zone regulation seems to be unrestricted , but only near by major airports are forbidden.and flyiing in SCBD and governement area, ( Jl Sudirman - Jl Thamrin to Jl Merdeka Selatan - Government offices ) they have fly regulation on these areas but that doesnt come up as fly zone restriction on my DJI GO4 apps

I would like to have some expert opinion on this please. Do we really need to calibrate IMU or Compass when we move from one country to other even if the Go4 app shows no warning and the interference levels are within limits too?

@msinger @Andre Levite @pmshop

Thanks. I’ve been flying without any problems until today. I live in an apartment complex for the time being. It’s large and has a center pool/play area. I was going to fly the drone from the center of the apartment complex from the ground up to the outside of my apartment window and take a picture of my kids waving at me in the window. However, the compass would not calibrate and no satellite would connect.

I have not tried to fly it around these buildings before so this is new to me. The only thing I can think of is that I was surrounded by extremely tall buildings and the metal in them was throwing off my compass… Any thoughts?

The only thing I can think of is that I was surrounded by extremely tall buildings and the metal in them was throwing off my compass… Any thoughts?

Yep. That's probably the reason.

GPS coverage may be hampered due to the Spark being in a "valley" and unable to get good signals from the satilites.

Being in a valley of metal beams and rebar in concrete would definitely give the compass a spin, so to speak. ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef