Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Indoor Height limit

Malc

Join
Jan 1, 2019
I was filming inside my local church, with tripod mode and obstacle avoidance off, but could not fly above about thirty feet. The controller said max height reached. Is there a way I can get a bit higher? I could do with another twenty feet to get the shot I want.

yes I had it set to 120 mts and beginners mode was off...very strange

I was filming inside my local church, with tripod mode and obstacle avoidance off, but could not fly above about thirty feet. The controller said max height reached. Is there a way I can get a bit higher? I could do with another twenty feet to get the shot I want.
With no GPS the spark has a hight limit. That absolutely annoys the hell outta me about DJI products. You basically have to hack your drone to remove it . Nothing you can do to remove it otherwise.

Reactions: Spark 317
If you dont have the necessary gps satellites to get a gps lock, it will use opti sensors (downward)
Right on. This issue can be overcome by disabling the downward sensors on other DJI drones. Unfortunately, there is no setting to disable the downward sensors when flying the Spark.

Right on. This issue can be overcome by disabling the downward sensors on other DJI drones. Unfortunately, there is no setting to disable the downward sensors when flying the Spark.
Not getting too techy here, but via Litchi it is possible to deactivate downward sensor (Vision Positioning System).
Have no idea if this setting will influence on height limit and stabilization of drone.

Reactions: msinger
via Litchi it is possible to deactivate downward sensor (Vision Positioning System)
I tried it and confirmed it remains disabled after switching back to DJI GO. Solid workaround.

Reactions: Spark 317 and Haggi
I tried it and confirmed it remains disabled after switching back to DJI GO. Solid workaround.
So it stays off? I wonder if these long ranger that put Thier batteries underneath know about this bug.
Instead of opening the spark up and unplugging the downward vision sensors.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
Not getting too techy here, but via Litchi it is possible to deactivate downward sensor (Vision Positioning System).
Have no idea if this setting will influence on height limit and stabilization of drone.
Someone needs to test if it gets rid of that annoying hight restriction when indoors, that would be awesome if it does.

you can reprogram the "sport" key in "atti" with dji assistant 2 in developer mode, in atti mode there is more height limitation in indoor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme