Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Interactive Map of Worldwide Drone Incidents

Andre Levite

WELL-TRUSTED MEMBER
Premium Pilot
Join
Jun 18, 2018
Loc
Treasure Coast of Florida
Web
how-to-spark.com
All the recent adverse drone related incidents have been pinpointed on this map with links to detailed articles.

They fall into all sorts of categories: criminal, political, military, privacy, public safety, air traffic. Really interesting to have all this information in one place as these incidents are often referenced elsewhere.

Worldwide Drone Incident Map

Reactions: Crispjon
Ahhhh dedrone, the wonderful anti drone tech company doing us all a huge favour keeping the skies safe :rolleyes:
Nothing that would benefit them ha ha.

They don’t even have our one confirmed Australian incident where a drone actually was confirmed to have flown into the Sydney Harbour bridge (total NFZ) and crashed hitting a motor vehicle !!

The Adelaide one was either a drone or a bird in the end No Cookies | The Advertiser and Parafield airport is notorious for birds.

Dedrone of course brought us this little gem of promotional work . . .

What’s above is true of course, but totally over the top alarmism.

Ahhhh dedrone, the wonderful anti drone tech company doing us all a huge favour keeping the skies safe :rolleyes:
Nothing that would benefit them ha ha.

They don’t even have our one confirmed Australian incident where a drone actually was confirmed to have flown into the Sydney Harbour bridge (total NFZ) and crashed hitting a motor vehicle !!

The Adelaide one was either a drone or a bird in the end No Cookies | The Advertiser and Parafield airport is notorious for birds.

Dedrone of course brought us this little gem of promotional work . . .

What’s above is true of course, but totally over the top alarmism.

Despite your aversion to the marketing strategy of DeDrone the information on that web page is very useful. There have been plenty of near-misses and actual mishaps. DeDrone are not rendering an opinion or showing an bias -- it's just a list organized by geography -- no ads.

Having a central database of drone misadventures is necessary and inevitable -- it benefits both pilots and regulatory agencies alike. Can't simply pretend it's not happening -- might as well learn from them.

I think most drone pilots, and possibly many aircraft pilots, do understand the great majority of drone incidents are never confirmed as such, or that eventually impacts from things other than drones actually occurred.

This company only cares about creating drone paranoia to enable it to sell more of its technology when govco agencies and their target markets eventually believe the threats are higher than they really are.

I bet if you google their points of ‘drone incidents’ they will be mostly unconfirmed or proved incorrect.

I think most drone pilots, and possibly many aircraft pilots, do understand the great majority of drone incidents are never confirmed as such, or that eventually impacts from things other than drones actually occurred.

This company only cares about creating drone paranoia to enable it to sell more of its technology when govco agencies and their target markets eventually believe the threats are higher than they really are.

I bet if you google their points of ‘drone incidents’ they will be mostly unconfirmed or proved incorrect.

I actually checked a couple of "incidents" whose co-ordinates are pretty familiar with me. First, near Tokyo redirected me to an article from Japan Today with the title "Illegal drone flights double in 2017 amid ignorance of regulations" and no further details. Second, near Hyderabad India, report of an incident where a woman was arrested for flying a drone near a heritage monument. Again, no details and the link to the article didn't work.

The few articles from my area of the map were very accurate. Sound like others had very different experience. It's a good idea but not well implemented.

We could really use a central repository for this information but this isn't the one.

A database of drone incidents that's factual and comprehensive would be a great learning tool. The mass media tends to sensationalize the stories and never gets to the heart of the matter.

Maybe a wiki page that's crowd sourced and curated would be better. A similar project is the International Shark Attack File - it catalogs ever single incident from the 1500's to today with scientific scrutiny. Something similar for drones could improve safety and leave us less susceptible to capricious regulations.

Reactions: SPark_South_Oz
Good idea to have something factual, updated or data removed when new facts become known and drone misuse is eliminated.

I just watched a local news report on “drones out of control in SE Queensland” (Australia).
I get around a fair bit while up here working, and an yet to see another drone in the air when I’m flying somewhere.

Reactions: Andre Levite

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme