Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

iPad Cellular Advantage...

limesqueezy

Join
Feb 12, 2018
I'm lucky enough to have acquired an iPad Mini as a platform for flying my Spark. It is cellular-capable. What are the advantages of putting a SIM in and paying ten bucks a month for having it? Thanks in advance for any help.

Reactions: Sparkster
What are the advantages of putting a SIM in and paying ten bucks a month for having it?
You'll be able to use any features that require Internet access. For example, you'd be able to download the maps in real-time as you fly.

You'll be able to use any features that require Internet access. For example, you'd be able to download the maps in real-time as you fly.
After struggling to keep my android tablet working with my Spark I am considering getting a used iPad. I have a iPhone 6s that works great. I just want a larger screen for drone flying only. Will it be necessary to get one with cellular? I have not used the real time maps so far. Is there any other advantage to finding one with cellular?

Is there any other advantage to finding one with cellular?
In addition to what I noted above, cellular models also contain a GPS receiver. With that, you'll be able to manually reset the home point after taking off. That would be useful in a case where you move away from the original home point.

Reactions: Rafa7
Just make sure the Ipad Mini you choose is still supported. IMO, if you can get a Ipad Mini 4, do it...

After struggling to keep my android tablet working with my Spark I am considering getting a used iPad. I have a iPhone 6s that works great. I just want a larger screen for drone flying only. Will it be necessary to get one with cellular? I have not used the real time maps so far. Is there any other advantage to finding one with cellular?

Bust Buy is selling out the remaining stock of 5th gen IPad 32gb tablets with integrated GPS for $279.

Bust Buy is selling out the remaining stock of 5th gen IPad 32gb tablets with integrated GPS for $279.
I will put that in the mix. Thanks. I am hoping to find a used one for about half that if I can. My old wallet is crying trying to keep up with my spending! My old eyes will appreciate it though;)

I just now got a text from a friend that has 2 series 1 9.7" that he is willing to give me no charge. Would the series 1 work? I just need it for video only on the Spark. Nothing else.

I will put that in the mix. Thanks. I am hoping to find a used one for about half that if I can. My old wallet is crying trying to keep up with my spending! My old eyes will appreciate it though;)

I just now got a text from a friend that has 2 series 1 9.7" that he is willing to give me no charge. Would the series 1 work? I just need it for video only on the Spark. Nothing else.

I am an absolute noob with Apple products. Hopefully someone knowledgeable will chime in.

I’ve got an iPad Mini 4 non cell and since the OTG is working I just have it link to my phones hotspot. So far it’s been working great.
What phone do you have? I'm wondering if my wife's new cell Galaxy S8 is a hotspot phone.

Hi all, maybe someone can tell me if you have a I Pad Min with Wi Fi (no gps) on the Spark, will the "find my drone" work properly. I mean it will not indicate you position but only the Sparks. That would be difficult to locate the Spark.
Thanks Ben

Hi all, maybe someone can tell me if you have a I Pad Min with Wi Fi (no gps) on the Spark, will the "find my drone" work properly. I mean it will not indicate you position but only the Sparks. That would be difficult to locate the Spark.
Thanks Ben
No because you need something with working GPS to walk you to it. If you have a cellphone copy last GPS coordinates on find my drone and paste into Google search and maps will take you to your drone.

No because you need something with working GPS to walk you to it. If you have a cellphone copy last GPS coordinates on find my drone and paste into Google search and maps will take you to your drone.
Thanks that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers