Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

iPad mini 2 options?

ether_rich

Join
May 23, 2019
Been all over boards, should I try something other than DJi Go? Seen others using iPad mini 2 with DJI Go 4 but iOS 9 not supported. Ideas? Litchi?

Been all over boards, should I try something other than DJi Go? Seen others using iPad mini 2 with DJI Go 4 but iOS 9 not supported. Ideas? Litchi?
I have an iPad mini 2 and use DJI Go 4. My mini is currently running ios 12.3.1, which supports DJI Go 4. Since the app requires ios 10 or higher, then updating the ios on your mini should take care of the problem.

The old mini2 dedicated to my Spark is still doing a
great job. I did remove-uninstall all apps that I could
and switch-off almost every options in settings.
As "said" in previous post, it's still up to date(IOS 12).

iPad Mini 4 or higher.

The further revisions DJI makes on GO 4, the more powerful a processor is needed.

Best example...in the App store, if an app says "optimized for the iPhone X MAX" you can be sure it means "I am going to run as slow as molasses in winter on an iPhone 6"

If you have the opportunity to get the latest and greatest...that will give you the best longevity for future GO 4 releases.

Just don't do an iPad 5th gen - I made that mistake.
Too big and heavy but usable.

for Ipad Mini, the Mini 2 or above is fine. All the intelligence in in the Spark itself and the ipad processor is more than capable. The problem with older Ipad variants is that you can't update the IOS and once some of the IOS APIs change and the applications can no longer be updated if the IOS is out of date.
Unfortunately Apple is about to force themselves into the early Google Android mistake of fracturing their ecosystem by deploying IPad OS only to Mini 4 and above leaving the rest behind in IOS. Which will split their user base. BIG MISTAKE. You may be better off with a recent model Android Tablet.

for Ipad Mini, the Mini 2 or above is fine. All the intelligence in in the Spark itself and the ipad processor is more than capable. The problem with older Ipad variants is that you can't update the IOS and once some of the IOS APIs change and the applications can no longer be updated if the IOS is out of date.
Unfortunately Apple is about to force themselves into the early Google Android mistake of fracturing their ecosystem by deploying IPad OS only to Mini 4 and above leaving the rest behind in IOS. Which will split their user base. BIG MISTAKE. You may be better off with a recent model Android Tablet.

Sorry but an iPad Mini 2 is not capable and very laggy.
I know, I have one WiFi version and LTE version.
And I also hate to say, iOS is more stable than Android - less devices to test on.
See for yourself what is the best:

FYI, I just picked up an iPad Mini 5 - just AWESOME crunch power!

Sorry but an iPad Mini 2 is not capable and very laggy.
I know, I have one WiFi version and LTE version.
And I also hate to say, iOS is more stable than Android - less devices to test on.
See for yourself what is the best:

FYI, I just picked up an iPad Mini 5 - just AWESOME crunch power!
A meaningless chart compiled not by actual performance measurements but by votes. LOL
I use my Ipad Mini 2 everyday with the Spark and it works perfectly. Like any other device, don't load it up with a million games and other junk and you'll be fine. The Google Pixel also works flawlessly.
IOS used to be more stable. Apple just blew that up for IPad users.

Reactions: dat1
A meaningless chart compiled not by actual performance measurements but by votes. LOL
I use my Ipad Mini 2 everyday with the Spark and it works perfectly. Like any other device, don't load it up with a million games and other junk and you'll be fine. The Google Pixel also works flawlessly.
IOS used to be more stable. Apple just blew that up for IPad users.

I do not have my iPad mini 2's loaded down either.
Both are extremely laggy.
Like I said, the list speaks for itself.
iOS is still more stable despite their decision.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pilot6521