Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

iPhone 7 Plus OTG Cable ???

Born In The Bronx

Join
Jul 12, 2017
Loc
Greenville SC
I am new to all of this, do I need to purchase a OTG Cable to connect my iphone 7 Plus to the RC. If so what kind do I need to look for. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Yes you need to purchase an OTG cable and you can use an iphone apple charging cable or (something compatible).

Connect OTG to your RC
Connect OTG to USB apple cable
USB apple cable to your iPhone.

Be careful as I and others I've read bought an OTG from either Amazon and eBay that did not work. I bought an OTG cable on Amazon that did not work so returned it (Like that about Amazon return policy).

However just purchased this one which seems to work. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

I bought this one, Waiting to test.

Amazon.com: UGREEN Micro USB to USB, Micro USB 2.0 OTG Cable 2 Pack On The Go Adapter Micro USB Male to USB Female for Samsung S7 S6 Edge S4 S3 Android etc 6 Inch Black: Computers & Accessories

Reactions: Advexure
Be careful as I and others I've read bought an OTG from either Amazon and eBay that did not work. I bought an OTG cable on Amazon that did not work so returned it (Like that about Amazon return policy).

However just purchased this one which seems to work. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

Amazon.com: UGREEN Micro USB to USB, Micro USB 2.0 OTG Cable 2 Pack On The Go Adapter Micro USB Male to USB Female for Samsung S7 S6 Edge S4 S3 Android etc 6 Inch Black: Computers & Accessories
Thanks for the heads up. I borrrowed this same one from a friend and it does work. And this is the 2 pack I ordered. The only issue is making sure I follow a particualr sequence to set it up. Also I do get an error message on my iphone when I plug it that says it may not be compatible or something to that affect but I just hit dismiss and it works. Here is the sequence that I follow:

I turn off wifi and enter Airplane Mode on my iPhone. If wifi is on sometimes it tries to override the direct connection and nothing connects

OGT Cable Set up on Spark Remote with iPhone 7 Plus

1) switch on remote (nothing plugged in)

2) switch on spark

3) Wait for green light on controller

4) switch on ipad/iphone

5)open up DJI Go4 App you will have a grey screen.

6) plug in lightning cable to ipad/iphone

7) plug in usb end of lightning into the otg cable

8) plug otg cable into remote

9) pad/controller will make a sound making connection

10) You'll get the "This accessory may be etc, etc" HIT dismiss

11) Camera view pops up.

Again I am new to all of this drone stuff but I'm pretty good with most technology. Been a Mac guy since 1984 and an Apple user since 1977 when I got my 1st Apple II. Now I need to learn to fly this Spark without fears, LOL.

Yeah the fear will slowly fade with time and experience. I still have a little fear but I use that fear to keep me in check and not take unnecessary risks. ;)

I just received and tested the OTG cable and charging cable. Both worked flawlessly. I turned off the wifi and what do you know, the iPhone remain on and the Spark responded beautifully. Amazing responsiveness. Keep in mind it's for an iPhone set up.

Bought these from Amazon after a couple of other cable that did not work.

Ankor:
Amazon.com: [2-Pack] Anker PowerLine 4 Inches Lightning Cable, Apple MFi Certified Lightning to USB Charging Cable for iPhone 7/7 Plus 6/6s Plus 5/5s/5c, iPad mini/Air/Pro iPod touch (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

and

Ugreen

Amazon.com: UGREEN Micro USB 2.0 OTG Cable On The Go Adapter Male Micro USB to Female USB for Samsung S7 S6 Edge S4 S3 Android or Windows Smart Phones Tablets with OTG Function 6 Inch (Black): Computers & Accessories

ai81eu.jpg

vJD1IF.jpg

Here is DJI's genuine OTG Cable: DJI Goggles – Micro USB OTG Cable | Advexure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe