Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is anyone actually flying the Spark or Mavic, etc?

Firestat

Join
Jul 8, 2017
Since the new FAA rules, I can no longer fly my Spark or Mavic Air in the back yard (class D airspace). I am trying to find some class G space in or near Columbus Ohio, but no luck so far. If anyone can help me out, that would be great.

Firestat

You can find all Class G airspace in Columbus, OH on the AirMap map.

Or buy an Autel.
This is what's going to push me to the autel. It's getting ridiculous with DJI nfz soon with djis software they'll be absolutely no decent places to fly without hacking the heck into the bird.

I accidentally flew into a red nfz and my Mavic started landing instantly I think that is dangerous.

I was not expecting it to do that.

In all fairness, you *should * be expecting it to do that if you are in an area with a no-fly zone. It is your 'duty' as a responsible drone pilot to keep up-to-date on the zones and related regs of your region/state/country. It's more dangerous that you were not prepared. Certainly the law will see it that way, so why take the chance?

A few minutes of using a tool like what was posted earlier by user msinger ( U.S. Air Space Map | Know Before You Fly ) or similar source such as AirMaps themselves https://app.airmap.com/ will save you from a lot of stress and surprises. There are at least 6-7 apps on both iOS and Android that show no-fly zones.

That said, I'm not adverse to flying my little 4" racer drone in my back field without checking, as I can't go higher than the trees anyway without losing signal. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67