Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is spark a short lived hobbie?

Matty J

Join
Feb 27, 2018
Newbie here and been following this forum for a cpl of weeks and loosing faith that spark is a long term hobbie, I did have a spark for 4 days and then it did its own thing to which Dji have just just offered %100 replacement coupon which is respected very much, my question is are there any long term pilots that can restore my confidence in this product.
Cheers

Reactions: Verminator
Had mine since Christmas 60 flights 1000 meters out most times no issues so far spark is a good drone despite what they say compared to other drones minus the flying time they all have the same issues and fying them is the same experience really

Lost my spark after less than 10 flights. I was hovering over a creek 6 ft away from me, sucker went in reverse, hit a branch and did a dive into the water before I could say wtf! I never take off unless I have good GPS lock and calibration ok. Sucker is in the ocean by now. Same afternoon I bought a new one. I'm considering tying a kite string lol. Only had one flight new one. Should something happen with this one, il probably upgrade to something more reliable. All the geniuses ready to say pilot error please refrain from responding, thank you

Got my spark for Christmas and no issues so far. Eventually I do wanna get a mavic or mavic 2 whenever it comes out but every time I take my spark out to fly I have alot of confidence it's gonna come back.

Lost my spark after less than 10 flights. I was hovering over a creek 6 ft away from me, sucker went in reverse, hit a branch and did a dive into the water before I could say wtf! I never take off unless I have good GPS lock and calibration ok. Sucker is in the ocean by now. Same afternoon I bought a new one. I'm considering tying a kite string lol. Only had one flight new one. Should something happen with this one, il probably upgrade to something more reliable. All the geniuses ready to say pilot error please refrain from responding, thank you
PILOT ERROR!!!!!!! Dude you need drone lessons. Lol I'm just messing with you man. First time I lost signal flying my spark I about **** my pants. Thank god the rth feature worked like a charm

Reactions: Matty J
I had my first flight on mine today can I ask which rth setting is best to use the flight back at same altitude or the one where you set it with the hight setting?

Reactions: alex_hidrobo
It was 6 ft away from me when it sank... It was home lol.. Water was about 38 degrees and 5 ft deep or I would have went for a swim... Wait I can't swim either... Take care!

Reactions: PaulsSpark104
I had my first flight on mine today can I ask which rth setting is best to use the flight back at same altitude or the one where you set it with the hight setting?
I'm far from experienced, but I would assume it would depend on where your flying, usually lots of high tree's where I fly so I set RTH altitude at 50meters to make sure I clear everything.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
I'm far from experienced, but I would assume it would depend on where your flying, usually lots of high tree's where I fly so I set RTH altitude at 50meters to make sure I clear everything.
Yeah I had mine set to 40meters and was doing some figure of 8s and low flying and pressed the rth and it shot up and went 50 foot up, I absolutely crapped myself didn't no what was happening then realised the rth takes the drone to what hights set. Learning all the time hahaha

Reactions: Matty J
I have had mine for a couple of months now and love it. My only complaint is the 2 axis gimbal (especially when a bit windy).

I have had mine for a couple of months now and love it. My only complaint is the 2 axis gimbal (especially when a bit windy).
That old saying you get what you pay for, it is full of tech for there entry level drone though[emoji106]

I've had my Spark for about 6 months now, and I have flown close to 100 flights. Never had an issue until this Saturday. Parked it in a tree. completely my fault. Had to use a ladder and a stick to dislodge. The Spark fell to the ground. The battery popped out, a propeller popped out, and the ND filter fell off. Immediately put humpty dumpty back together again, and it flew fine. Robust little bastard. No regrets on buying the Spark though I do wish it had a third axis. In addition to making sure the IMU and compass are calibrated (check through sensors state in app), make sure you register the home point, and hear the app state "home point recorded" and you will appreciate it's reliability.
If there is a Spark 2, or Spark pro, I hope it has a third axis. I can live without on board memory, backward sensors, and 4K.

Been flying about twice a week and enjoying the heck out of it. I am 71 and got for myself for retirement! I keep thinking about upgrading to the new Mavic Air, but cannot find a reason to do it...YET! the only advantage I see the camera and I am not doing all I can do with Spark camera yet! See video of my grandson this past weekend.

LOL, The biggest problem you will have is after a month (of learning and flying) is how do I buy the Mavic Pro. this is a great hobby and it takes a little studying to get confidence then your off, I fly my Spark about 2 of the 7 days a week as this gives me the opportunity to challenge myself before trying the same on my Mavic. you know if this is your bag or not and in closing what I have learned 99% Polit error. good luck.

James in Panama

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef