Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Is there an easy way to cancel a Spark procedure like a QuickShot or Return to Home?

ricke

Join
Jul 22, 2020
I run into a number of panic situations where I either need to cancel a QuickShot maneuver that is getting into trouble or my battery is very low and the Spark tries to return to home when I am not near my original home takeoff point. The issue is that when my phone is mounted in the RC controller arms, so often when I try and click the Cancel X button on my Samsung, that seems to be close enough to the edge that I either don't hit the button quick enough or I end up on phone's home screen and I have to scramble to switch back to the Go app in time.
Has anyone found a way around this? Can the cancel button be mapped to maybe an RC hard button to make it easier to cancel?

Thanks a lot,
Rick

I run into a number of panic situations where I either need to cancel a QuickShot maneuver that is getting into trouble or my battery is very low and the Spark tries to return to home when I am not near my original home takeoff point. The issue is that when my phone is mounted in the RC controller arms, so often when I try and click the Cancel X button on my Samsung, that seems to be close enough to the edge that I either don't hit the button quick enough or I end up on phone's home screen and I have to scramble to switch back to the Go app in time.
Has anyone found a way around this? Can the cancel button be mapped to maybe an RC hard button to make it easier to cancel?

Thanks a lot,
Rick
Pause button is your lifeline

Oddly mine cancels using the sticks. Like I send it out for a quick shot and realize "we're going to the trees" and I up stick it stops. It also kills any recording it was doing. I noticed I lost so many QS's because i thought I could take over once it started it's return back but it seems to toss the video file away when I do that. But I will try harder to remember to use pause more.

Reactions: sparky markie

Thanks a lot,
Rick
If you click RTH twice it should go to manual operating. Then just fly it by the controller sticks. amiright?

Reactions: ricke

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit