Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Jurassic Dark - Jurassic Coast, Devon, UK

I like this shot. Have you used bracketing?

Hi @Yarek.

I used to use AEB and Lightroom, but found Skylum's Air Magic could do the same thing with a single exposure, and worked faster for me with better end results.

Thanks for the kind words ?

Reactions: dudez
VERY nice shot, RedZeppelin! Love it when lighting, weather and scenery come together for a talented photographer. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: RedZeppelin
Hi @Yarek.

I used to use AEB and Lightroom, but found Skylum's Air Magic could do the same thing with a single exposure, and worked faster for me with better end results.

Thanks for the lead on Air Magic! I just tried the free version and think I'm now going to have to buy the full one. Simple yet great results!

Thanks for the lead on Air Magic! I just tried the free version and think I'm now going to have to buy the full one. Simple yet great results!

No worries - glad you got on with it. It's a big time saver for me over Lightroom. It would be nice if they added more presets eventually, but I mainly use the default anyway.

Look forward to seeing your results here ?

This is an amazing shot in many ways. The scene screams dynamic range and that's something that the Spark jpeg output usually doesn't have. So to capture this shot and have enough information in the file to pull out the shadows and get detail in the highlights is almost a miracle.

This is an amazing shot in many ways. The scene screams dynamic range and that's something that the Spark jpeg output usually doesn't have. So to capture this shot and have enough information in the file to pull out the shadows and get detail in the highlights is almost a miracle.

Thanks for the kind words @Multikoe . I guess we've all learned a process to get what we want from Spark images, but ultimately the credit goes to the drone itself. It still amazes me each time I shoot.

Fabulous shot RZ. They needed you on the set of Jurassic Park, it’s a superb shot with great editing. BUT...have you seen my post on Air Magic since the launch of Catalina on the Mac? It is fine when you use it but have you tried zooming in on any shot you have Air Magiced it? It goes blurred and become uneditable. Maybe you don’t use a Mac but suffice to say Skylum have admitted AM doesn’t work properly with Catalina (ie a Mac) and are giving me my money back which is pretty decent but why did they sell it to me 3 months ago in the first place knowing it would not work? Hope your system is unaffected.

So hey Red are you a geologist? What are we looking at other than a beautiful 3-D’ish photo. Conglomeratic looking. Very cool!

@GeoM1 - you lost me at Conglomeratic ;) I'm certainly no geologist sadly, but we are spoilt here with some dramatic, and historic coastline. I'll just keep taking pictures and leave the science to you ?

Reactions: GeoM1
Fabulous shot RZ. They needed you on the set of Jurassic Park, it’s a superb shot with great editing. BUT...have you seen my post on Air Magic since the launch of Catalina on the Mac? It is fine when you use it but have you tried zooming in on any shot you have Air Magiced it? It goes blurred and become uneditable. Maybe you don’t use a Mac but suffice to say Skylum have admitted AM doesn’t work properly with Catalina (ie a Mac) and are giving me my money back which is pretty decent but why did they sell it to me 3 months ago in the first place knowing it would not work? Hope your system is unaffected.

@twickers14 - Sorry to hear of your issue's with Air Magic. I'm on PC and haven't experienced any of the issues you describe on Mac - this image is a result of Air Magic once again.

I guess from their point of view, they would say that they can't anticipate changes in operating systems and it worked for you initially so at the time they maybe weren't aware of upcoming issues with the Mac OS. It's disappointing that they've not worked to fix the issue, but at least they refunded you.

I'll keep an eye on my PC version. Worst case, I'll just go back to AEB and Lightroom, but this shot wouldn't have been possible with AEB as it's a panorama, so I'm hoping Skylum will support Air Magic moving forward.

@twickers14 - Sorry to hear of your issue's with Air Magic. I'm on PC and haven't experienced any of the issues you describe on Mac - this image is a result of Air Magic once again.

I guess from their point of view, they would say that they can't anticipate changes in operating systems and it worked for you initially so at the time they maybe weren't aware of upcoming issues with the Mac OS. It's disappointing that they've not worked to fix the issue, but at least they refunded you.

I'll keep an eye on my PC version. Worst case, I'll just go back to AEB and Lightroom, but this shot wouldn't have been possible with AEB as it's a panorama, so I'm hoping Skylum will support Air Magic moving forward.
Glad you’re not affected. I thought that might be the case with PC version. They claim that they will be focussing on their new product Luminar which looks much more comprehensive. Wonder if GeoM1 was using his new word to describe HDR!??? and that it isn’t a geological term. Anyway, whatever, you keep taking the great shots.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe