Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Just Bought The Spark

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: Pooleman0
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Pooleman0.

You got the red one.

They go faster.

Just ask anybody with a sports car. ?

Welcome to the Forum.?

• Haha
Reactions: Highflyer
What are the necessary accessories I need to buy for this thing?

Check this page out to go wish list shopping.:)

Spark Must Haves.

It's a big list but one item for sure to get started on would be a camera gimbal cover to protect it while storing.

Neck lanyards and a tablet / device holder are a plus to have, along with a 4 sided screen hood if you plan on flying on sunny days (who would't).

The Parabolic antenna is cheap and works great in keeping a good connection to and from the Spark when flying.

An OTG cable is not needed but may improve the performance of the Spark if you fly in a WiFi congested area as the cable acts as a solid connection between the device and remote.

I have flown since 2017 via WiFi without any problems but have recently purchased some cables for my devices as I plan on flying in new areas that may pose a problem and it's probably best to have them and not need them, verses needing them and not having them.

Have fun shopping.

It has been fun picking up accessories along the way (over time).
The ones I like the best are:
- Ipad mini-4 (gps, no sim installed) and a Skyreat holder for it
- 3-sided sun shade
- 12V battery charger (can charge while I drive)
- BTG landing legs (springy ones)
- PGYTECH Gimbal protector
- 64G SIM (in-case one develops a problem)

Welcome. Mine's red, you made the right choice!

Battery strap is a good idea. I use a tile tracker in case it comes down in long grass or forest. Some will suggest GPS based trackers, your budget is your guide on that! I have never flown without the OTG cable. (iOS). I have two different styles of landing legs, I like to keep it out of the dirt, and the tile is bottom mounted with velcro on the battery, so the standard legs dont work. I have a very inexpensive take-off/landing pad (some plywood with a blue masking tape cross on it) which is nice for clean takeoffs and precision landing (I usually hand catch these days).

Happy flying when you get it. I remember the wait....

Welcome. Mine's red, you made the right choice!

Battery strap is a good idea. I use a tile tracker in case it comes down in long grass or forest. Some will suggest GPS based trackers, your budget is your guide on that! I have never flown without the OTG cable. (iOS). I have two different styles of landing legs, I like to keep it out of the dirt, and the tile is bottom mounted with velcro on the battery, so the standard legs dont work. I have a very inexpensive take-off/landing pad (some plywood with a blue masking tape cross on it) which is nice for clean takeoffs and precision landing (I usually hand catch these days).

Happy flying when you get it. I remember the wait....
I too used the iPad mi I 4 WiFi when I flew my P3P. I’ll probably just use my iPhone 8 Plus now. Is the OTG cable necessary? Do I need to fly with my phone in airplane mode to reduce controller interference?

What kind of distances are you getting with your Sparks?

Last edited:
Is the OTG cable necessary?
The OTG cable is not a must have for all. But many users find better live feed with the cable as compared to WiFi. Actually the experience varies depending on the quality of WiFi in your mobile device. iOS devices reportedly work very well with WiFi as compared to their Android counterparts. I am an Android user and I find it impossible to rely on WiFi connection and hence carry the OTG connector with me all the time.

Do I need to fly with my phone in airplane mode to reduce controller interference?
Yes, it is better to put your phone in airplane mode and also turn-off bluetooth devices (eg: smartwatch) nearby to reduce chances of interference.

What kind of distances are you getting with your Sparks?
It totally depends on the region you are flying in and varies from person to person. The max I have got till date is 1342m.

Welcome to the forum. ?

Last edited:
Bought my Spark on eBay on Saturday morning. It’s already out for delivery. I know somebody who is leaving work early today.

Reactions: Spark 317
hi welcome to the community enjoy flying :)

do visit our youtube for aerial , unboxing & review videos we are just starting our channel hope you would support us (see link below )

So my Spark arrived today. Overall I’m pretty impressed by this little bird. Picture quality was pretty good. I’m a little disappointed that I couldn’t get hand gestures to work. It recognized the and followed the palm and would land but I couldn’t get the fly away to work the selfie pics, none of that. I think it may be best to restore this thing to factory specs and start from scratch, (I bought this second hand).

Reactions: sparkflyJEF
That whole hand control feature only was interesting for about 1 battery of time (IMHO) :rolleyes:
If you want to make sure it will not work just try and demonstrate it to someone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers