Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Just sent my Spark to DJI Support... The accident was quite weird

David.F

Join
Oct 13, 2019
Few days ago I was flying my Spark over a street in oder to capture some shots of the empty night street, however, it suddenly got disconnected after 10-20 metres! I thought It was supposed to be hovering for somewhile even though it got disconnected with the RC. But the weirdest thing happened, it fell from the sky immediatly after disconnection.
Everything happened too fast and I had no clue why would it fell off the sky. There's no signs of any dense buildings or signal towers around. My friend said it was because there was a patrol car driving by before the Spark got disconnected and fell off the sky... Does anyone have a clue why would this happen? I just sent my Spark back to DJI for further evaluation. Guess I would know if it was simply a malfunction or it got disconnected because of the passing patrol car soon.

Last edited:
Looks like a hardware malfunction to me from what you have described. May be the main board failed shutting off all communication and also the motors. Because if it was just a disconnect caused by interference from the patrolling vehicle, the drone should have gone into RTH mode.

Yeah, but as I checked the footage, it seemd like my Spark was trying to "dodge" the car while it's passing by.

I think you want to upload your flight logs to phantomhelp.com and let the experts here and at forums.dji.com pick through them. Sounds like something failed aboard the spark causing both the disconnect and the fall.

I think you want to upload your flight logs to phantomhelp.com and let the experts here and at forums.dji.com pick through them. Sounds like something failed aboard the spark causing both the disconnect and the fall.

OK. Thanks for the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav