Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Just updated and vid stream sucks

SparkyNate

Join
Apr 28, 2018
just like it says folks I have an iPhone 7 Plus latest software and just download the latest version of the go app 4.2.14. No otg cable never used one and flying in all the same spots so by elimination I thinks it’s the app? Anyone else notice this? What can I do I really miss the streaming quality of this drone! Oh one more thing I’m showing full bars on my 5.8 still crappy choppy signal!

Same here, flew yesterday afternoon using a S8+ no OTG. Really bad steam quality and I was getting loss of video signal 200 feet up and about 300 feet away. This was in my back yard where I had no issues before.

Well I broke down and got an otg adapter for my iPhone and that completely solved the problem,it’s actually better then before,I can’t even notice any latency! I don’t really understand all the controversy over the cable working or not? I was under the impression it didn’t make a difference on iOS?

Always used an OTG cable since day 1 on one occasion I forgot my cable and flew with the WiFi connection it was a dreadful hit and miss affair eventually losing video feed and crashing into a tree. I have no idea why some are so against the OTG it causes so much controversy on so many forums. Use what works best for you that's my philosophy

Yup,the newest update screwed up the video feed on iOS! It did fix the Android OTG problem but slapped iOS in the mouth!:mad:

Yup,the newest update screwed up the video feed on iOS! It did fix the Android OTG problem but slapped iOS in the mouth!:mad:

Thanks, good to know. I also use OTG with IOS for over three months and I never had an issue.

just like it says folks I have an iPhone 7 Plus latest software and just download the latest version of the go app 4.2.14. No otg cable never used one and flying in all the same spots so by elimination I thinks it’s the app? Anyone else notice this? What can I do I really miss the streaming quality of this drone! Oh one more thing I’m showing full bars on my 5.8 still crappy choppy signal!

Same here... I’ve been flying my spark with iPhone 8 for the last month with always a nice smooth video feed (no otg). I just tried flying with 4.2.14 and the feed was choppy from beginning to end no matter how close or far. Hopefully this gets straightened out soon.

Same here with iPhone 7 Plus. Otg is the only way to fly now with the recent update. Before I couldn’t notice any difference in the feed between WiFi and otg.

Now Ios users can see why us Android users opt for OTG it's not the operating system that's at fault it's lazy coding from DJI

First flight today...choppy signal and bad lags...after restarting everything (RC, AC and App)...clear picture.

Restarting only the App didn't solve the issue...I'm on Android btw

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef