Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Kite Or Flight ?‍♂️

Super cool. ?

It's been a while since I've flown a kite.

Let alone being dragged across the water.

My dogs do that for me when visiting the creek. :D

Can you say something about the windspeed at the moment . Did you try to make video footage too.
I' ve allways been intrested in which wind conditions this can be done . Well done

Reactions: RedZeppelin
Thanks ? Unfortunately, I have no solid idea of wind speed in Exmouth yesterday. UAV Forecast and others were warning not to fly due to wind and suggesting 30mph gusts, but I've flown off the coast in 30mph winds before, and the gusts yesterday were definitely stronger. I tried to look at a forecasts from yesterday and that was reporting winds of 15mph, which is nonsense.

I've never seen my Spark pushed backwards by the wind before - it's usually really effective at holding / adjusting itself in those conditions. The only way I could combat that push was using sport mode, and even then it was occasionally spun on it's axis when returning to shore after shooting the kite surfers.

Probably not my wisest flights, but certainly the most interesting ;)?

Reactions: Spark 317
Nice shot RZ. Usual top quality for both exposure and composition. Now to wind speeds!! Very strong here in Bristol yesterday and deffo not flying weather. It must have been stronger for you on the coast so glad you got her up, flew some and most importantly got her back! Ready for the next ones please.

Probably not my wisest flights, but certainly the most interesting ;)?

Obviously you made a good choice. I think flying in windy conditions can be okay if you look at the full situation and risks. Fly upwind, make sure no one is endangered and have a backup plan. I remember once seeing a YouTube video from a guy who encouraged flying during risky conditions and flights as they make the awesome shots. Just make sure you are as safe as possible and legal.

I recently was amazed how well my drone preformed during the first waves of a tropical storm with gusts up to 47. I had plenty of room downwind to land, if my drone was pushed, but it never budged. Flying on the edge of Tropical Storm Cristobal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme