Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lake District (North)

Zephyr18

Join
Jun 2, 2017
I hope to fly my Spark near some of the lakes and Fells north of Keswick soon..I know you should not fly over livestock and water ,from National Trust and English heritage sites. Etc.
I will check the dji app and NATS app but has anyone got any suggestions on safe places to fly and obviously I will try and check there are no country shows or pop up festivals..
Any suggestions please or should I head for the coast

Near water: Best if your "home point" is at least 20 meters from the water. When spark returns to home, if it is within 20 meters of the home point, it just lands. Or "waters" if it happens to be... Not good.

Near water: Best if your "home point" is at least 20 meters from the water. When spark returns to home, if it is within 20 meters of the home point, it just lands. Or "waters" if it happens to be... Not good.
Thanks , will probably go to an isolated place and fly on the fells .You have a point if I lost connection I don’t want it to to try and land on the water.

Hi,

I’ve flown my Spark in the Lake District. There are parts where you won’t see a soul for hours so flying it wont bother anyone.. stay away from built up areas, keep the drone close and in sight. I tend to do short flights (1-2 mins) then edit them together at home.

Hi,

I’ve flown my Spark in the Lake District. There are parts where you won’t see a soul for hours so flying it wont bother anyone.. stay away from built up areas, keep the drone close and in sight. I tend to do short flights (1-2 mins) then edit them together at home.
Thanks for that great advice.Its the editing as well.I am very new to this so staying close and away from tress and telegraph wires sounds good to me.I might focus more on getting some interesting photos with such dramatic light changes rather than video of the fells.But it would be nice to have a little footage to practice editing it together.
I used to strap a GoPro to my canadian canoe and end up with way too much .It was great to be out on the lake in the rain with footage of rain drops splattering as they pinged off the leaden water.
Being able to use such a little drone to tell a story would be nice but learning to edit is also another challenge .

Reactions: 1uk3y
Thanks for that great advice.Its the editing as well.I am very new to this so staying close and away from tress and telegraph wires sounds good to me.I might focus more on getting some interesting photos with such dramatic light changes rather than video of the fells.But it would be nice to have a little footage to practice editing it together.
I used to strap a GoPro to my canadian canoe and end up with way too much .It was great to be out on the lake in the rain with footage of rain drops splattering as they pinged off the leaden water.
Being able to use such a little drone to tell a story would be nice but learning to edit is also another challenge .

cool, if you look at many of the spark video montages on YouTube you’ll notice that lots of them are made up of lots of clips which are just seconds long.. sometimes I’ll fly my drone up, hold it there to take a few seconds of footage and then bring it down (Waves crashing for instance). On the other hand, some times I don’t film at all and just whizz it about in sport mode in a nice secluded open field!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers