Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Latest Spark 2 rumors ... I like what what may be in store!

Join
Dec 29, 2017
Bill The Drone Reviewer just released a YouTube video with possible specs on the Spark 2.

Rumored Spark 2
* Same design
* Camera upgrade 4K30fps, 1080p60fps, improved quality, no raw
* Still wifi no Occusync or Lightbridge
* Include Boomerang and Asteroid and new gesture controls found in Air
* Rear obstacle avoidance
* Cell phone connects via cable rather than wifi
* Possibility of internal storage being added
* MSRP price drop to $399 or $499 USD​

This makes sense to me because having a quality lower cost entry level drone is a must for DJI and the Spark fits that space well.
- I didn't think DJI would change the design, say add foldable arms, because they released the Spark Charging Station the same year as the Spark which signaled no design change for several years.
- Upgrading to 4K makes sense and sets a high bar for competitors
- $399 price point would be ideal, $599 fly-more combo puts it well under the Air which is a natural upgrade to those who need a bit more but not quite ready for the soon to arrive Mavic Pro 2​

I think this would be a great upgrade to the Spark without it overlapping the Mavic Air.

Thoughts

Reactions: Marshall Starnes
Bill The Drone Reviewer just released a YouTube video with possible specs on the Spark 2.

Rumored Spark 2
* Same design
* Camera upgrade 4K30fps, 1080p60fps, improved quality, no raw
* Still wifi no Occusync or Lightbridge
* Include Boomerang and Asteroid and new gesture controls found in Air
* Rear obstacle avoidance
* Cell phone connects via cable rather than wifi
* Possibility of internal storage being added
* MSRP price drop to $399 or $499 USD​

This makes sense to me because having a quality lower cost entry level drone is a must for DJI and the Spark fits that space well.
- I didn't think DJI would change the design, say add foldable arms, because they released the Spark Charging Station the same year as the Spark which signaled no design change for several years.
- Upgrading to 4K makes sense and sets a high bar for competitors
- $399 price point would be ideal, $599 fly-more combo puts it well under the Air which is a natural upgrade to those who need a bit more but not quite ready for the soon to arrive Mavic Pro 2​

I think this would be a great upgrade to the Spark without it overlapping the Mavic Air.

Thoughts
Whoooop Whoooop Yeah let me get one, DJI if you wanna send me one I'll review it and buy another one so I have 2 sparks and 2 spark 2s!!!

DJI , you need to respect your CE customers and not use that stupid wifi rc that gets severely limited range in Europe. At least with the current spark it can be hacked to fcc mode. If it couldn't you wouldn't be selling any of these in Europe now. Everyone knows about the awful European range that technology has at this stage.
So I assume spark 2 won't be hackable to fcc mode so it's a no way from Europe anyway.

Reactions: sebip
Interesting.
Does anyone know if we can use the Spark controller we already own? If so, will price be less than $399...maybe $299?
About the only thing I would be interested in is the rear obstacle avoidance. I don't think that's worth $299
I use Crystalsky, which I'm told is Android, but I don't have the Android issues that I do with my android phone, which was a dog. So, I don't need OTG.
Most importantly, Spark 2 would demonstrate DJI' continued commitment to Spark.

If they update the camera to 4K I think it would have a 3 axis gimbal. Sensor would not be able to do EIS for 4K and without stabilization the video would be garbage.

No disrespect intended, but u are CRAZY if u believe even half of this. Dji are marketing and product placement genuiuses. That being said, u tell me what represents 300 to 400 dollars of difference between this alleged spark 2 and the Mavic air. ROFL. Folding arms? Lol. 3 exist gimbal. I'm sorry for you who want all these incrediibelnnew features for a LOWER price. But I'm sorry. U all just dreaming. Everyone would is considered a knowledgeable "leaker" with a history of being even close to right isn't predestined anything even CLOSE to this guy. In sorry folks, but wake up, use history as your guide, and u will quickly see that anyone who believes half of this is gonna be left crying the day astern the next spark announcement.. And that's what makes me the angriest. He is going to raise then dash the hopes of a lot of kids she are gonna believe this clown. (Ps look at his history of being right or wrong. Doesn't have a history at all to speak of, mad what he dies have has been at wrong. Sorry guys}

I will vote for dual IMU as a critical update for better reliability and eliminate flyaway issue.
Anything besides that, spark is already perfect for its price for me.

Not much will change for the spark.
DJI Waited until after Christmas to release the Air the sparks price was reduced

The rumor has it the pro II in April, P5 in the 3rd quarter. a firmware update later this year is my guess to pull the last of the sparks off the shelf for the holidays.

The rumor has it the pro II in April, P5 in the 3rd quarter. a firmware update later this year is my guess to pull the last of the sparks off the shelf for the holidays.

This is the one I’d believe the most. Holding onto my Spark and holding out for Pro-2

CD508632-AD08-47BA-91CD-CF0820C1FE60.jpeg I’m not angry at anyone. But the fact that there is an interest in seeing a Spark 2 is assuring. I have no interest in buying the Mavic Air, great as it is. I hate unfolding and folding it’s wings before and after every flight. I’m quite content with my Spark, but if a new Spark with added features was introduced and still had the fixed wing design. I would jump on it in a heartbeat. What makes this lil aircraft so pugnacious and durable is the fixed wing approach. So many other Spark youtubers have put this lil gal thru some excruciating maneuvers with very little damage to it’s frame. She’s a tough lil mama! Lol
But lets just say, i loved this design the first time I saw it. The front camera array closely resembles another favorite aircraft of mine The Boeing AH 64 Apache Helicopter.

I'm only interested in a new drone that isn't effected in CE mode. Luckily you can hack the current spark to FCC mode but I bet you won't be able to do it with new drones. So DJI, go ahead and lose a huge percentage of your European market if you don't give them the same range as FCC customers.

I think it will be a long time before they bring out a Spark 2 as it will dent the sale of the Mavic Air also the price will have to be very close to the Mavic Air.

I’m not so sure that there is a rush from DJI to bring out lots of new models, now GoPro left the drone game who it could be argued drove DJI to develop the mavic to the level it is at, who is the competition? Why would they strive so much spending on development of competition killers?
Everybody thinks these price drops signal replacement models for the Spark and Mavic but components get cheaper over time and this enables a new price point without eating into their margins, whilst it opens up the products to new market demographics.
Why would DJI want to compete with their own Air model? It makes no sense to bring the capabilities of the more expensive model into the cheaper one, you just kill demand for your own inventory.
My prediction is for the Spark as we know it to be around for a while, there may be a 2.0 version but I don’t see much changing, may be more like the “Spark S” to continue copying the Apple Pro/Air naming convention going!

DJI is following Apple’s lead in product design, naming and marketing. Apple’s approach ‘is’ to push features found in the higher end models down.

It looks to me that DJI is first establishing its desired product mix: Spark - entry level, Air - intermediate, MP - prosumer, Phantom - professional, Inspire - high end professional. Now that this is established I believe they will continue to innovate and push down features.

There is A LOT more innovation that can be put into these drones, so DJI has a long development road map ahead which means you will end up developing new models that compete with your own existing models but that is exactly what made Apple the most profitable company in the world.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme