Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Leveno tab 4 8” does not work with otg

NJSpark

Join
Jun 6, 2019
Just bought this during the prime 2 day sale because I found it listed as a compatible android device somewhere on this site. Installed go 4 and tried to get OTG to work and it does not just continually connects then Disconnects every few seconds. WiFi works but noticed the attitude meter the red triangle points In in the wrong direction
Then I go back to my iPhone 7 Plus both WiFi and Otg work and red triangle (drone) point In the correct direction
So two things the leveno tab 4 is listed as having a compass and listed As a compatible device. And it is not 100%. I do not want to fly without otg and of course the arrow should point in the right direction and it does not.
Does anyone else use this tablet and have you gotten otg to work and the attitude meter to point in the correct direction?
If not this is a waste and I should have just when with an iPad mini of some kind.
Any ideas ?

sending this tablet back and picking up a ipad mini 4

Although I'm not an Apple user, other than a couple of old iPods, I do have a mini4 that I purchased for the Spark and it works great.

It will fit in the arms of the controller but a tablet holder is preferred with a lanyard to hang around your neck.

To follow up I got the WiFi only model. Should have gotten the cellular one because that has gps. On to my question how do I download maps so I can use the map view when flying my spark?

To follow up I got the WiFi only model. Should have gotten the cellular one because that has gps. On to my question how do I download maps so I can use the map view when flying my spark?

That's what I have as well.

While around the home WiFi, open up the Go4 app and tap the corner of the map to make it bigger and you should be able to see a map of your immediate area. I don't think the Spark has to be powered up, but it might.

Use your fingers to pinch and zoom the area that you'll be flying in and the map will automatically cache the image in memory and be usable when you fly. The more you zoom in, the more detailed the map is in cache.

Occasionally the image may disappear from the cache after some time has passed but I always refresh it before flight.

Another option is to use an OTG cable to eliminate the Spark WiFi connection and connect the mini4 to the home WiFi or use a phone as a WiFi Hot Spot if away from home to get a "Live" map as you fly.

I learned my lesson too with the WiFi only mini4.

No resetting the Home Point to the controller if on a boat or walking around and no "Find My Drone" option if the Spark wants to go somewhere else for some reason.:rolleyes:

Thank you very much for your work around. Will bring connected via otg and WiFi to the house network cause interference ? Or using a smart phone as tether cause interference ? Because when fly with my iPhone 7plus I do it all in airplane mode.

Does this affect rth ?
Let’s say you do t cache maps. You go outside connect via otg. Take off , home point gets automatically saved. You start flying a bit away then hit rth. Will it still return or does caching have no bearing on the drone returning home?

Thank you very much for your work around. Will bring connected via otg and WiFi to the house network cause interference ? Or using a smart phone as tether cause interference ? Because when fly with my iPhone 7plus I do it all in airplane mode.

Around the house I haven't noticed any problems and I haven't had the chance to try a Hot Spot yet, but it's probably fine.

When in Airplane mode, the mini4 should pick up the WiFi if you turn it back on.

Airplane mode turns off the data connection and still allows Bluetooth and WiFi to be used on a plane if it has a WiFi service.

Speaking of Bluetooth, I used to fly via WiFi with the Spark and would occasionally get a Bluetooth warning on the Go4 app from something. Most of the time it was me forgetting to turn my phone (BT) off in my pocket. I would also get the warning if a jogger went past me wearing a fit bit type tracker or smart watch.
But lately I've been flying with an OTG cable and I haven't noticed any BT errors since using it.

The RTH will work even when there are no maps cached. Rather than a map image, you get a blank screen with the Home Point marked, the Spark, and the trail it leaves behind as you fly. No geographic information about where you are at to look at, but the Spark knows where Home is via GPS if it was recorded at launch and didn't have an error of some sort during flight.

Lenovo tab 4, works with otg cable. If it doesn't, then try another cable. Be sure it is an otg cable, and not an ordinary data cable.

Also, the red triangle will never work with this tablet (WiFi or cellular), because it doesn't have a built-in compass.

Yea I tried a few otg cables no go for me. The iPad mini 4 has a compas so the red triangle should work with no issues

Reactions: Spark 317
Just bought this during the prime 2 day sale because I found it listed as a compatible android device somewhere on this site. Installed go 4 and tried to get OTG to work and it does not just continually connects then Disconnects every few seconds. WiFi works but noticed the attitude meter the red triangle points In in the wrong direction
Then I go back to my iPhone 7 Plus both WiFi and Otg work and red triangle (drone) point In the correct direction
So two things the leveno tab 4 is listed as having a compass and listed As a compatible device. And it is not 100%. I do not want to fly without otg and of course the arrow should point in the right direction and it does not.
Does anyone else use this tablet and have you gotten otg to work and the attitude meter to point in the correct direction?
If not this is a waste and I should have just when with an iPad mini of some kind.
Any ideas ?
Have you changed the USB mode? I was having the same problem with my Galaxy Tab E. I was told it was OTG compatible, but I couldn't even get the RC to see it at all. When I attached the Tab E to my desktop computer via USB, it asked me which mode I wanted it in, so I chose the picture transfer mode. I guess it was in charging mode before. Anyway, that seemed to solve the problem because the Spark RC could see it after that. I also enable developer options on the Tab E and went into the USB settings to set it there.

Had the same problem with the Lenovo tab 4. It works fine with mavic Pro and mavic zoom, both otg, but not with my Spark.

That makes sense when I google that tablet I see it works for those models just not the spark.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe