Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lifespan of Battery

deonholt

Join
Jun 8, 2019
Hi all and thank you so long for your help.
I got my first drone yesterday which I bought from a friend in new condition.
The batteries have been charged 22 & 24 times. I have noticed that even though the battery bank stopped charging, they are at best ±93% full. Is this how it should be?

How many charges should a battery last?

Thanks, Deon

Reactions: sparkflyJEF
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, deonholt.

I've had my Spark since July 2017 and have worked my way up to nine batteries.

All were manufactured June 2017 (old tabs), and I'm still having good performance with all of them.

I checked one at random and it shows 86 charges so far.

With proper care, they should last for quite a while.

Welcome to Forum.?

Hi all and thank you so long for your help.
I got my first drone yesterday which I bought from a friend in new condition.
The batteries have been charged 22 & 24 times. I have noticed that even though the battery bank stopped charging, they are at best ±93% full. Is this how it should be?

How many charges should a battery last?

Thanks, Deon

A few members claim to have "reset" their batteries by charging them directly in the Spark. These were batteries that had discharged so far that they couldn't charged from the hub. Not exactly the problem you describe but worth a try.

Very interesting. Would like to learn more about this ...

I searched for the post but I must not be using the proper tags. But as I recall...

The member flew his batteries down to almost 0% and then stored them that way. Weeks later they had fully discharged and were stuck in hibernate mode. They would not "wake up" or start to charge on the hub. Nothing worked.

But then he tried charging the batteries inside the Spark and they "reset". Batteries charged normally and no problems since. Some other members chimed in with similar experiences.

I'm not suggesting this is an intentional feature by DJI - just that the hub and aircraft have different charging circuitry which can give different result.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex