Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi and Red Waypoint question

blkraven

Join
Jan 10, 2019
Loc
Indiana
If I buy Litchi, do I have to pay twice? Wanting to load on my Android phone and on my tablet.
Also, anyone have experience with Red Waypoint? It's free and looks like may be a good alternative.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, blkraven.

I haven't purchased it yet myself but I'm in the same boat. I fly with a WiFi only mini4 and two different Droids and it was my understanding that I would have to purchase one for each platform.

I don't have a Mac but a PC and I don't think you have to purchase something for that, just download software.

Here are some threads concerning the Red Wapoint app.

Others will comment more on these products as I don't have first hand experience on them yet.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Oops, my bad, just noticed you have two Droids so you only purchase it once and you can put it on different devices if on the same platform.

You buy Litchi once and can use it on all your devices but really you first need to buy it on youy Mac or PC. I run it on a PC, a MAC, my tablet and my phone.

I bought Litchi for Android on the Google Play store and it works on all my Android devices. I also paid for Litchi for the iPad on the Apple App store. Litchi for the PC is just a website (flylitchi.com) with the mission hub planner.

I downloaded Red Waypoint on the Samsung 8. When sitting down beforehand testing it by entering different missions it worked fine. When out on the beach on Sunday where the internet signal was relatively low, it was basically impossible to plan a mission 'off-line' again. I wanted to test the software with my Spark at that stage.

Will try again, but in an open area where recovery would be easier if necessary.

I am still very new to the business and are still building confidence.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme