Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi follow and tracking issues

davidof

Join
Nov 1, 2019
I've just bought Litichi and have been experimenting with Follow and Track

First of all with Track I don't see any way of marking the subject. I enter track, there is a configuration cog but nothing else.

With Follow I've had a few issues. On 3 out of the 4 attempts the drone loops around the controller in a rather erratic fashion even when stationary. I have 3 meters shown as the GPS accuracy and 13 satellites in view. After the first two tries I recalibrated the compass. The next attempts, it followed as expected but the fourth attempt was back to some erratic following. I also get the gimbal nodding up and down.

It would appear that Litchi must be giving erratic location data to the aircraft in this case.

Anyone any ideas?

I haven't tried these features so can't comment with experience but I'll provide you with a copy of the Litchi Notes eBook by Don Wiley which discusses them in some detail. Follow and track modes are discussed on p.40 & p.51 respectively. Keep in mind the ebook is not Spark specific, good luck!

Reactions: Haggi
Track is a way better in DJI go 4. certainly if your phone is limited in processing . If you put GPS accuracy on 3 meters , you will need a very good gps receiver and enough sattelites.
Follow is working very good with spark. But standard it is set north . And if you put distance to 15 meters , spark fill fly first 15 meters to the north and will start following from that position. Set gimbal to manual . practising , it is not that difficult
I made a short video about it , with spark and mavic pro

Reactions: Haggi and RotorWash
Track is a way better in DJI go 4. certainly if your phone is limited in processing . If you put GPS accuracy on 3 meters , you will need a very good gps receiver and enough sattelites.
Follow is working very good with spark. But standard it is set north . And if you put distance to 15 meters , spark fill fly first 15 meters to the north and will start following from that position. Set gimbal to manual . practising , it is not that difficult
I made a short video about it , with spark and mavic pro

"First of all with Track I don't see any way of marking the subject. I enter track, there is a configuration cog but nothing else."

You have to draw a box around what you want to track. As noted above a powerful phone is required. On the Spark you're better off using the built-in tracking in DJI Go I think as you can choose the trace option.

i had litchi freeze up on me about 3 weeks ago. It was really strange the video and controls worked all the telemetry froze. The battery was at 56% for a long time i was thinking ..am i getting a lot out of that battery. Then i figured out something was not right. I was using a 4Hawks range extender and was over swamp all the way back that would make crash retrieval impossible. I got my Spark back just barely.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit