Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi Mission and Animation Project

I like your Spark animation! That was pretty cool. How many waypoints did you have? You only mentioned two in the video, but I thought there might have been more. Did you want comments on the subject of your POI? (Lol, was it restrooms?) Nicely done. I've experimented with waypoints and think it's easier to do videos than freestyling it.

I like your Spark animation! That was pretty cool. How many waypoints did you have? You only mentioned two in the video, but I thought there might have been more. Did you want comments on the subject of your POI? (Lol, was it restrooms?) Nicely done. I've experimented with waypoints and think it's easier to do videos than freestyling it.
Thanks, I had 5 waypoints in total, and yes, sadly, a restroom as POI. Was something distinctive in the area I was flying, nothing more. The flight was a test of a number of aspects of Litchi. Smoothness of the video was one and I'm fairly satisfied at that. (Need to experiment some with Tripod Mode) Also testing out caching of maps in Google Maps within Litchi as I fly without cell or WiFi coverage frequently. (Successful)

The animation took me a couple of days as I had to learn how to use Boris Graffiti while I was at it. Not the best tool for it, but it is what I had. Was fun.

There's a lot of Waypoint apps to try out. Dronelink is pretty new (maybe still in beta), but a ton of options.

What's wrong with a restroom? I'm sure it's a very nice restroom!

I'm sure it is too.

Not sure what other people in the area may think when they see a drone hovering and circling the facilities.

Sort of creepy.

Barbara, don't listen to those Neanderthals. There is nothing creepy about making cinematic videos of public restrooms. [emoji1787]

• Haha
Reactions: RotorWash
Barbara, don't listen to those Neanderthals. There is nothing creepy about making cinematic videos of public restrooms. [emoji1787]

Why the name calling?

Okay, well next time I'll pick something a bit more interesting, like a rock, or a tree. We have an abundance of rocks and trees hereabouts. Oh and lakes, big lakes, small lakes...and did I mention rocks?

Seriously, it was a handy landmark for my test, and it was closed. Trouble is, all the interesting landmarks are too close to the airport for me to fly (legally) and I was too lazy to go off into the bush somewhere at the time. I promise to do better next time,

It was definitely the most interesting thing in the area! Nicely done. I too love learning new tools.

Reactions: Barbara
The big thing is you got started with programming a flight in Litchi, you're developing editing skills and you inserted a nifty animation. All in all, I'd say you're embarking on a new adventure with your drone which shows significant potential. At some point I hope to get into flight planning, most likely with Litchi. Keep at it! Thanks for sharing.

There've been times on the road when one of the most welcome sights was a restroom. Ignoble, yes, but comforting when you gotta go.

There's a lot of Waypoint apps to try out. Dronelink is pretty new (maybe still in beta), but a ton of options.
Yes, I've heard a number of different applications mentioned throughout the forum. But I think I'll stick with Litchi for the moment, at least until I get more familiar with it and can see what it's weaknesses and strengths may be. Then I can better compare to other apps. But thanks for the tip, I'll see if I can find some reviews.

I have been playing around with Dronelink some and I think it is out of beta. I have designed and flown one mission so far but have not shared the flight yet. What I like is that as a recreational flyer Dronelink is free for now.

I have been playing around with Dronelink some and I think it is out of beta. I have designed and flown one mission so far but have not shared the flight yet. What I like is that as a recreational flyer Dronelink is free for now.
Did some looking around, I see Dronelink is indeed fairly new. Be interesting to here what someone who has tried both Dronelink and Litchi has to say.

For me, one thing at a time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leahandran