Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi Using Cheap FPV Goggles

Andre Levite

WELL-TRUSTED MEMBER
Premium Pilot
Join
Jun 18, 2018
Loc
Treasure Coast of Florida
Web
how-to-spark.com
Anybody have experience using the Litchi app with those $15 goggles that house the phone for binocular vision?

I'm wondering how good the resolution is at short focal length? Is lag an issue? Overheating of face or phone? Overall experience?

I know this can't be comparable to the actual DJI Goggles but it's something I'd only use occasionally and not interested in spending $350 for the novelty

I don't have Litchi but I do have a Samsung Galaxy s7 and a Samsung 360 camera with goggles.

Last year I tried an app called CAVU, free from the play store for 5 minute flights or purchase it for $11. Also, couple it with another app called Play Cardboard that disabled the auto startup of the Samsung Oculus. That app may not be available in the store but on the web somewhere.

CAVU is neat but it is immersive and can make you feel woozy if prone to motion sickness.
One neat thing is that CAVU uses the devices camera as a pip window so you can see the world around you while flying.

I'm not sure if the apps work with Apple products but if you have a Droid, give it a shot.

Oh, the 5 minute flight time starts when you start the motors, not the Spark. This will give you time to adjust the individual telemetry windows in the goggles to your liking.
And don't worry about when the time is up mid flight, you just have look through a pop up prompt or something like that, so you can still safely fly.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andre Levite

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit