Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Litchi vs dji go 4 which is better in 2019?

NJSpark

Join
Jun 6, 2019
I am interested in downloading and purchasing the Litchi app for my Spark. I have watched tons of videos and read a lot.
I wanted to see what people have done on this forum and which app do you prefer and why. I want to say upfront put the intelligent fly modes aside.
I want reviews and experience of using the Litchi app vs dji go 4 just flying normally.
-do you get better image transmission quality with wifi and with OTG? ?(i am currently using iphone 7 plus with OTG)
-did you range change better or worse?
-do you get gimball control when you are in RTH mode?
-what can the litchi app not do vs dji go4 (settings?)
-and over all what are you experiences just flying with it vs dji go 4 day to day

Thank you in advance

Reactions: sparky markie
The main advantages of Litchi are Waypoint and Orbit modes which are not available on DJI Go 4. You can pre plan these missions at home which is great. For Manual photos and Quickshot I use Go4, but for more complex maneuvers Litchi smooths out movements (maximizing capability of 2 Axis Gimbal). you can set numerous Points of interest in waypoint mission and litchi will turn aircraft and move gimbal whilst on flight path to keep them in camera (difficult to do manually). Litchi also has more size options in panorama photo mode.

GCSparker

Reactions: sparky markie
Thank GC. Was your range any better? I have see youtube videos saying you get better range and better image transmission when flying (less lag) with and without otg.

AFAIK the range depends only on the signal quality between your aircraft and your remote so I would be very surprised if the software on your phone could change this, apart from switching to FCC mode which neither of the two softs do. Does anybody in these youtube videos present a somewhat scientific test which proves the increased range or give a technical explanation how this increased range could be explained ?

Thank GC. Was your range any better? I have see youtube videos saying you get better range and better image transmission when flying (less lag) with and without otg.
I have never done a proper "range test" with either Litchi or Go4, but in my day to day use, I don't find that the range gets better or worse when using Litchi. I do however feel that the Go4 app works much smoother overall as compared to Litchi. The live video feed I get is also better with Go4. The reason I use Litchi is mainly for the following features.
1. Waypoints
2. Orbit
3. Course lock/home lock

For everything else, I prefer Go4.

Thank you both for your replies. Do I have scientific evidence ? Nope just what people claim they get in videos but none do a side by side . Honestly I am not interested in waypoints or anything else really just gimbal control when in rth. Not sure what home lock is but I will look Into it.
I appreciate the honest response and review

Thank you

Thank you both for your replies. Do I have scientific evidence ? Nope just what people claim they get in videos but none do a side by side . Honestly I am not interested in waypoints or anything else really just gimbal control when in rth. Not sure what home lock is but I will look Into it.
I appreciate the honest response and review.

I do not use RTH and hence cannot answer whether Litchi gives gimbal control during RTH but I think your intention is to get the camera tilt right as the drone is flying home on its own while you record video. If my assumption is true, then I think home lock will give you much better results. Once you activate home lock, you press down on the right joystick and the drone takes the shortest path to home point, similar to RTH. But the best part is that you can also control the heading by yawing with the left joystick while still holding down the right joystick and the drone will continue to fly home in a straight line irrespective of the heading. You can also control the gimbal while you are doing this.

Whilst I have way more experience with go4, I like Tripod mode more in Litchi, its far superior. I did a short waypoint test flight around a large earth mound in an industrial area recently, and was surprised when the RC disconnected with Litchi at fairly close range at 100 feet altitude, I have yet to repeat that same location and flight path with Go4, but I have flown both in clear line of sight situations over 500 meters with no issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe