Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

located my RC plane that i lost a couple of weeks ago .

NRRTRAINS

Join
Jul 25, 2018
Loc
Staten Island, New York
yesterday i took my Spark out for a little air time . a couple of weeks ago i lost one of my RC planes due to pilot era or losing the bind from my transmitter to the RC plane receiver . the weeds and the height of the cat tails ( over 10' ) and the brush and vines that is like a jungle is impossible to get through it looks like it is really close to the field until you try to get through it . i will have to wait for the fall when most of the overgrown vegetation is dead and flater to get to the tree . around november we have our annual lost plane retrieval day . there are a lot more and way better RC planes then mine out in the bush .
i sent my Spark up near the spot i thought it went down , it's hard to see looking at a 5" phone screen when you are not really sure where the object landed or in my case crashed into . it's not a good video but at least i know where my plane is .

4 4 BU.PNG

from where i launched my Spark i didn't want to get too close to the trees . i knew just about where the plane went down , i did not want to risk losing my Spark in the trees , that would be worse than crashing my plane . in the fall i know just where it is . all i really want is the receiver everything including the plane will be a bonus if i get it back . as we say in the RC world it's not " if " it is going to crash . it will happen to the best RC pilot like he or she just took to the sticks .

hehe

Centuries ago (the early 1980s) we lost 2 airplanes in a soybean field one evening. I called a friend and we flew over in a Cessna 150. I just counted rows of soybeans. When I arrived at the field, I just walked up and picked up each airplane. The other pilot was delighted when I called him, from home, "I have your plane." We did not have GPS, drones or cellphones in those days.

Reactions: NRRTRAINS
hehe

Centuries ago (the early 1980s) we lost 2 airplanes in a soybean field one evening. I called a friend and we flew over in a Cessna 150. I just counted rows of soybeans. When I arrived at the field, I just walked up and picked up each airplane. The other pilot was delighted when I called him, from home, "I have your plane." We did not have GPS, drones or cellphones in those days.
great find , and the pilot who took you up was a stand up guy .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef