Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Loch en Eilein, Cairngorms National Park, Scotland

ArthurC

Join
Dec 6, 2019
I brought my Spark on our recent Honeymoon to Scotland and got plenty of air time with unparalleled scenery. We stayed at a cottage in the national park about 200 feet from the shore of this lake. Videos were taken from October 14th to 17th 2019.

Enjoy, and please let me know what you think.

Very interesting. I love seeing video exploits of ancient ruins and wonder what they looked like in earlier times. Reading the wiki suggested the castle was connected to the shore by a causeway which likely disappeared after water levels rose due to a dam. It has an interesting history. Provisioning such a location by boat would be hard, less so by causeway. The conifers look like an ancient species with a different branch structure than I'm used to seeing in the states. Good use of the scenery, intriguing textures driven by the lighting, nice integration of the soundtrack, well edited, and very nice hyperlapse sequences. Thanks for sharing.

Oh, and congratulations on your wedding and honeymoon!?

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
I brought my Spark on our recent Honeymoon to Scotland and got plenty of air time with unparalleled scenery. We stayed at a cottage in the national park about 200 feet from the shore of this lake. Videos were taken from October 14th to 17th 2019.

Enjoy, and please let me know what you think.

Arthur C Clarke fan ???????

Very well shot and edited. It’s not easy when you have so much stuff and takes a lot of practice. Keep up the good work.

If it’s done in GO4 without help of focus, course lock etc...., you’re a very skilled pilot . Nice work .

If it’s done in GO4 without help of focus, course lock etc...., you’re a very skilled pilot . Nice work .

Thank you Roland, most of my flight time with the spark has been practicing the "slow pan". Everything I've shot so far has been freehand with DJI Go 4. Are there other programs available to fly a Spark with? Or are these Mods to Go 4?

I've experimented in Go 4 with the Active Track a little bit, but have not been particularly successful. I don't think I've tried any of the other modes.

The Go 4 Mod 2.0 unlocks some of the functions not originally available to the Spark such as Cine mode, Course Lock, Home Lock and Point-of-Interest. There's like 70+ pages on the topic in the Spark Discussions area. I think most of the pertinent posts for the current app starts on page 68. I don't believe it offers Pano mode if that's important to you, but I've read that Mod 2.0 can be co-located on your device (phone, tablet, etc.) with the current DJI Go 4 version. There is a Mod Lite version, but as I understand it, you can't have it on the device along with the current Go 4. Short of using the Mod, the Tripod Mode in Go 4 reduces control input sensitivity resulting in more fine control for smoother results.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers