Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looking for a Tello

CARELESS

Join
Nov 8, 2018
Loc
Louisville,Kentucky
Anyone have any suggestions about owning a DJI Tello? I live next to an airport and can't fly my Spark (NO FLY ZONE) if anyone has one for sale

Anyone have any suggestions about owning a DJI Tello? I live next to an airport and can't fly my Spark (NO FLY ZONE) if anyone has one for sale
Get them cheap now on DJI website best buying new anyway. Brilliant little drones. Just check the YouTube videos how fun they are haha

Everything is 10% off on EBay today....everything! I just picked up a new open box spark fly more combo for $315 with tax & shipping! Couldn't resist at that price, and it is returnable if it's not everything they claim!

Here's one brand new Tello for $79, and that's without the 10% discount, plus it comes with a few accessories.

DJI Tello RC Drone FPV Quadcopter With 720 HD WIFI Camera In Stock from USA | eBay

If you wait until after midnight tonight and click this link to the DJI Holiday sale you can get the Tello fly more combo for 30% off:

DJI Tello Boost (Fly More) Combo for $99 (normally $149)
Includes 3 batteries, external charging hub, prop guards and spare props.

It will be that price 12/9-12/31. You can also get Tello basic package for just $79 using same link (20% off).

They will probably sell out of stock before sale ends so don't wait until last minute.

8D5B6E95-6A94-431B-9883-F91158DB25E2.jpeg
8C933999-A881-4A02-805C-B93A55F73BD9.jpeg

Just be careful to stay within the Tello’s minimal range. Flew mine past it and it was lost - over water. Was irate both at my foolishness and the company’s failure to warn users of the danger. Good thing is that it offered me an excuse to get a Spark and I was so impressed at all the additional features and safeguards the Spark has. That RTH feature is a lifesaver. Guess with you living near a no fly zone the Spark has too many features :).

Can you share why there are no restrictions for flying the Tello? Is it because of the size?

Just be careful to stay within the Tello’s minimal range. Flew mine past it and it was lost - over water. Was irate both at my foolishness and the company’s failure to warn users of the danger. Good thing is that it offered me an excuse to get a Spark and I was so impressed at all the additional features and safeguards the Spark has. That RTH feature is a lifesaver. Guess with you living near a no fly zone the Spark has too many features :).
That's my problem in a No Fly Zone the motors won't start. I'm only 2.8 miles from the Airport if they do start its saying I have to land

I suspect the Tello is also prohibited, it just doesn’t have technology built in to sense its location or to have DJI disable it.

I don’t know where Careless lives. In Australia you can fly a quad or plane weighing less than 100 grams near an airport. Other restrictions still apply.
I have researched a FPV type quad with onboard SD card recording for that purpose. It would be a better quad than the Tello in every way, but more expensive. The discount Tello is a bargain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers