Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Looking for places to fly in Cecil County Maryland.

YelloSpark

Join
Aug 13, 2018
In Cecil Country we have a lot of great scenery, rolling hills, sea and bay shores, the Fair Hill area but most are state parks and drones are not permitted. Does anyone have any suggestions. My new SPARK is due to arrive this week and I'm ready to try it out as soon as it arrives and I register it.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, YelloSpark.

Two apps that every pilot should have and check before a flight are AirMap and UAV Forecast available free from the app stores.

Screenshot_20180813-154851_AirMap.jpg

With this app, you may be able to find a safe place to fly.

The red triangle will tell you all you need to know in the area.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Thanks Spark317. I downloaded Airmap. It’s a lot like the B4UFly app from the FAA site. Seems we have a lot of small airports around and State Parks where we can’t fly. I’ll keep looking. Maybe someone locale will chime in too. Thanks again. Appreciate your advice. Looking forward to getting together with other Sparke Fliers.

In Cecil Country we have a lot of great scenery, rolling hills, sea and bay shores, the Fair Hill area but most are state parks and drones are not permitted. Does anyone have any suggestions. My new SPARK is due to arrive this week and I'm ready to try it out as soon as it arrives and I register it.

Welcome. I live in Annapolis. Don't assume that just because it's a State Park that it's a no fly zone. I live a couple miles from Sandy Point State Park and have flown there a couple times with no issues. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme